Presonus StudioLive 312AI?

MxLx

I've done searches, I swear :) But I'm not finding a ton of info on these, although they sound pretty promising - seems like a Sceptre S8 with an added 12" woofer would be a great combo. Does anyone have experience with the 312 as a floor monitor? Pros or cons vs the usual suspects, Xitone, CLR, etc?

I have a pair w/ subs I use for FOH which is actually 4-way, sound fabulous! I love the mid driver especially for guitars. They would be kinda heavy and large for me to use as monitors. I've used them on the floor for rehearsals and they sound great.

... on the floor for rehearsals ...

That's really more like how I'd be using them. I'm basically looking for something to replace my 2x12 cabinet, so I'd still be coming out ahead on the size & weight :) Have you ever used them at low-ish volume? I'd like to get something I could use quietly once in a while, too.

I haven't tried them as a FRFR monitor for my AxFx, I use CLR's. As with any speaker they are quite different at very low volume. Still sound good just lose the punch because of fletcher munsen effect.

Back
Top Bottom