Presonus Eris E5, Very Impressed

ps43203

Experienced
Hey all just wanted to give my cents, for the Eris E5 monitors by Presonus. I must say these monitors offer a lot of bang for the buck. Having an Ultra and auditioning presets etc..with Headphones, (not recommended), these monitors are very accurate, considering how inexpensive they are. In case anyone is not aware, these monitors are a serious contender against the popular KRK Rokit series. Some say these are even better, as far as honesty. To put it into context, all the presets I had created, before getting a pair of these, are utter crap now. Good thing I only have a dozen or so. The presets I made all sound the same, with too much low end, too much gain, and the mids are all wrong. I was using a pair of Sennheiser Hd280's, which are not too bad, but no good for creating presets. So, the moral of the story is, do not cheap out on your listening environment, if your going to own a Fractal unit, do it justice by being as professional as you can afford. It will pay off in the end and your frustration levels will be much lower, if your new to the game. The Eris E5's are a good, entry level monitor, that will enhance your experience, no matter what your playing through.

The presets I made all sound the same, with too much low end, too much gain, and the mids are all wrong. I was using a pair of Sennheiser Hd280's, which are not too bad, but no good for creating presets.
This. The HD280's are super mid-y. I think I'm the only one on the planet that can't stand those headphones.

This. The HD280's are super mid-y. I think I'm the only one on the planet that can't stand those headphones.
I am beginning to realize that too. They sounded decent until I heard the truth, lol. I think I want to try some Beyedynamic Dt-770's. They seem to be a hit with other users. Monitors from now on though, unless i can't for whatever reason. Luckily, I own my own home and I can play as loud as 2 marshall 100 watt heads, without bothering anyone.

I am beginning to realize that too. They sounded decent until I heard the truth, lol. I think I want to try some Beyedynamic Dt-770's. They seem to be a hit with other users. Monitors from now on though, unless i can't for whatever reason.
If you're ever looking for open back headphones, I just picked up a pair of HD600s and.... oh. wow. They sound amazing!

The DT-880s and Q-701 were my 2nd choices.

Back
Top Bottom