Presets take long time to load when plugging mfc

Hi all,
I just got a second hand mfc (not sure if 1or2 but it came with firmware 1.something)
it was fine but i needed scenes and upgraded to 2.18

I use in bank mode with bank = zero.
When i jump to next or previous preset it takes several seconds for the fractal to load the new preset, and i get a strange loading sound (imagine like a hard tremolo) for a few seconds before i can actually play.
I can only go preset up or down by one step, if i need say to go from preset 1 to 5, i need to go to second, then wait a few seconds for preset to load fully, then to third,... and so on.

This is really annoying!

Anyone experienced this before? Help welcome as im slightly desperate :)
Thanx!

Is Axe-Edit running? If so, Axe-Edit is trying to load the preset. Disconnect Axe-Edit and see how it performs.

OK, did you try resetting the MFC-101 after you upgraded it? This was from the 2.11 firmware release notes...

Upgrading from 1.04 or older

It is strongly recommended that you restore factory setting after upgrading from 1.0x to 2.x. by holding the #11 footswitch while powering on.

If you do this it will reset all of the settings back to factory specs and you will need to reprogram the MFC-101 again.

Also, a Mark II will have Mark II on the bezel around the display. An original will jut say MFC-101.

Good luck!

Sounds as if the expansion port on the Axe-Fx II is the problem. These things happen after an USB cable was accidently plugged into the expansion port

Sounds as if the expansion port on the Axe-Fx II is the problem. These things happen after an USB cable was accidently plugged into the expansion port

Really? Is there anything to do about that Or do you think there is damage?
There has been nothing in expansion port since ive had it so none since update

I dont know if this is the case, but I have seen an Axe Fx with a "fried" expansion port and it was exactly like you described. You could connect the MFC via midi cable and if this works without any problems then the expansion port is the problem.

Back
Top Bottom