Presets not saving

CT76

Inspired
So last night I started to dive into setting up presets, I am taking this one chunk at a time, so I finally understand how to set up a good amp and tone. Now I am setting up my clean, rhythm, and lead patches. I created a clean preset and saved that to footswitch 1 and then created my rhythm patch and saved that to footswitch 2. I then click the footswitch and it changes to that patch, so say I am already on 1 clean and hit 2 it goes to my dirty channel, but then hitting 1 again there is no change and I am still on 2. I open AXEDIT and see the footswitch assignment is now gone. What am I doing wrong here? I am on firmware 4.0 and upgraded the axedit

Okay is that different than creating a preset, saving it as preset, and then clicking on the footswitch tab in edit and assinging preset 1 to footswitch 1

How do you do it for each patch? I am not creating a scene, I am just creating a preset of 1 full chain. I want to assign that 1 preset to 1 button to be controlled on my ax8. Again I have created the preset, assigned that preset 1 to footswitch button 1, and repeat with 2and patch and assign to footswitch button 2, I am not sure after why but it doesent switch between the 2

How do you do it for each
Every preset has its own footswitch setup. So just click on the Footswitch view in each preset and assign what you want.

If you are in Preset 1, and then you set up Switches 1-4 to be Preset 1-4 switches, you've only set those switches in Preset 1. Nothing you do there affects Preset 2, so the switches simply won't be setup there. Go to Preset 2 and arrange the Footswitches like you want - different or exactly the same.

Thanks Chris, so why can I not switch between preset 1 and preset 2 then. I am doing what your saying, I create my preset 1, I save it as preset 1, I click on the footswitch tab, I right click on footswitch 1, I select preset 1 from the dropdown menu and save that, then I open preset 2, again I click on the footswitch tab, I right click, fromt he menu i select preset 2 and save. Now I am on preset 1 and I play, I click physically on the number 2 footswitch and it changes to my preset 2 patch but then its stuck on 2 I can not switch back to 1 or anywhere else

to the forum? I can sure when I get home, I dont see how that will help but okay
so we can see exactly what your Presets look like. we can't always go by the words people use. the Presets answer hundreds of questions (literally) immediately.

the questions will go back and forth endlessly without them.

I gotcha I can upload them when I get home, it so weird cause through my years of these kind of devices I have never had an issue switching simple presets

i made this video for someone else, and i think it fits in this situation too, so please excuse that it's not specifically concerning your presets, etc.

again, the Footswitch Grid is assignable per preset, meaning you HAVE TO assign it in each preset. you are choosing to use the "customizable" method. there is a "global" method done by switching to Preset/Bank Select - you do this by tapping the F1 switch - now all the switches change into Preset Select switches as numbered on the hardware, 1-8.

i might recommend my latest premium video that explains all footswitch functions on the AX8: https://axefxtutorials.selz.com/item/ax8-bb-fs

anyway, watch this and see if it explains things:

Maybe I am misunderstanding the OP, but it sounds like he simply wants to switch between presets, but doesn't have the AX8 latched in Preset Mode.

Back
Top Bottom