Presets in the effects blocks

Yes or No

• Total voters

zentman

Experienced
Stuff like Edge's delay, Ultra thick chorus, Fender Spring Verb, or Gilmour's compression for teh dummies who don't know what all the buttons do. ( like me)

Edit: Prime example might be the synth. Would be cool to have the viola, a moog, a clarinet, etc and the ability to choose them from a preset list.

What you're asking for is essentially is an Effects Library (which Axe-Edit has in the Preset Manager) in the Axe-FX itself. The Boss GT-9 and GT-Pro have this and it's a very handy feature to have.

On the other hand, the ability to easily copy a block from one patch to another works well too.

I realize you can copy blocks but I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to advanced effects parameters. There's stuff in the reverb, compressor, and a few other effects that I have zero idea how to set.

I just want somebody to do it for me then I just push a button and presto, instant effect.

zentman said:
I realize you can copy blocks but
Remember, you can also copy blocks from factory presets too.

I really don't know what I am doing when it comes to advanced effects parameters. There's stuff in the reverb, compressor, and a few other effects that I have zero idea how to set.
As far as advanced parameters go, why not learn how to use them so you can get exactly what you want?

I just want somebody to do it for me then I just push a button and presto, instant effect.
So what you're saying is you're lazy/impatient/have not time? ;)

Listen, I can understand that not everyone is in to spending time tweaking parameters but like most things in life, you will get out of it what you put into it. Even if the Axe-FX had the feature you're asking for, there's still no guarantee that it would offer what you want.

If you learn to do it yourself than you will be able to do anything you want. If you rely on someone else to do it for you then you only get what you are given.

I could learn what good studio engineers have taken years perfecting or I could request that they make a few presets from which I could glean a tad of their expertise.

I like to play and if the feature doesn't make it onto the axe I will continue to play.

I like the way the axe sounds so I use it I shouldn't be required to get a college degree in engineering if I can have somebody else who has studied the craft extensively lay some ground work for me.

I have learned Sonar for recording and numerous plug ins for tailoring the end products but I will probably never sound as polished here as if I went to a good studio with a master engineer.

Go look at some major hit albums and look for a category on the credits known as "synth programming". WTF, didn't the artist program his own synths? He hired somebody to tweak his keyboard? Was he just too lazy? :roll:

If you don't want the feature, vote no. Don't make this a ten page thread about what you assume about my intelligence, laziness, or skills.

zentman said:
I could learn what good studio engineers have taken years perfecting or I could request that they make a few presets from which I could glean a tad of their expertise.
Then download some presets from the Axe-Change. There are plenty (around 1200 or so) on there.

I like the way the axe sounds so I use it I shouldn't be required to get a college degree in engineering if I can have somebody else who has studied the craft extensively lay some ground work for me.
I agree. See my first comment.

Go look at some major hit albums and look for a category on the credits known as "synth programming". WTF, didn't the artist program his own synths? He hired somebody to tweak his keyboard? Was he just too lazy? :roll:
Maybe they were lazy, maybe they just wanted to focus on playing, I don't know. If they have the money to pay someone to do it for them then that's what they do. It's not different than a guitar tech going on the road/on stage with you.

If you don't want the feature, vote no. Don't make this a ten page thread about what you assume about my intelligence, laziness, or skills.
I wouldn't mind the feature. I think it would be handy but I can live without just fine and I guess you didn't see the ;) face I put after my "lazy" comment. I didn't assume anything except that there was a reason you weren't doing the tweaking yourself. I can understand wanting to play instead of tweaking and I can understand not having the time to do it.

I voted a resounding yes, but I would settle for just some downloadable presets for common/famous effects that are kept up to date after firmware releases. Hmmm, like Axechange but well organized and actually useful...

i voted yes! it could be a huge time saver... as there are advanced parameters in the axe that i will never fully understand in my life time.......

I'll go with the AxeFx edit idea if that's less hassle for team Fractal. A nice page of verb blocks, delays, compressors etc..... Works for me.

Back
Top Bottom