Presets created in Quantum 'invisible' if reverted?

AdmiralB

Inspired
I'm still largely using 17.04, but have been doing a fair amount of flipping back and forth lately, and I've discovered that presets created in Quantum (at least 1.05 and 1.06) 'vanish' in 17.04. The patch is completely blank, no title, no content, nothing.

But if I restore Quantum, it's there again.

I can edit existing patches and swap between, but if I build from scratch - or copy from one location to another - this happens.

It's not a big deal and I put it down to simple incompatibility between versions...but I couldn't find any other mention of this when searching and I just wondered if anyone else noticed.

IIRC, this has been this way for a long time.

When you rollback FW, presets created with newer firmware are there but show as blank until you roll forward again.

Yes, that's why it's important to back up preset before updating FW. If you should modify them (and save them) with the new FW you could not be able to use it with the old one if yu had to go back.

I'm still largely using 17.04, but have been doing a fair amount of flipping back and forth lately, and I've discovered that presets created in Quantum (at least 1.05 and 1.06) 'vanish' in 17.04. The patch is completely blank, no title, no content, nothing.

Ouch, that's a literal and figurative Quantum leap... How many presets or amp/cab combos did you have configured for FW17? It's almost entirely different in Q1+ now because of the G3 modeling along with the G3 Drive modeling.

Best option, to me at least, rebuild your presets and rediscover your favorite amp/cab combos with effect signal chain. This will be the least evasive way to get you back up to speed. You use Axe-Edit I'm assuming? I will confirm with bahr records that after the FW18+ updates, the presets could be blanked out and uninitialized. Let us know, good luck mate.

I'm fine with backups, nothing is lost. I just thought it was interesting (although not surprising) and couldn't find any references. If it started in 18, that would explain why. I never got into 18, just as I'm really not into Quantum. I've rolled back to 17.04 for the time being; there are some cool new features in Quantum, no question. But the tones I like still live in 17.

Back
Top Bottom