Presets are taking forever to load in FM9Edit [solved]

bverdon

Just received my FM9 turbo today (long time Helix user) and looking forward to digging into this stuff. I am fairly technical... have checked installed the latest drivers and latest version of FM9 Edit.. it taking about 20 minutes for the factory presets to load ... can't be normal.

No issues with the same PC/cable/usb port.... on the Helix but the hardware tolerances may be different on the Fractal.

The cable is long... 3M but that shouldn't be an issue. I will try a shorter cable if this thing ever finishes loading up... lol.

ideas?

Thanks

Just received my FM9 turbo today (long time Helix user) and looking forward to digging into this stuff. I am fairly technical... have checked installed the latest drivers and latest version of FM9 Edit.. it taking about 20 minutes for the factory presets to load ... can't be normal.

No issues with the same PC/cable/usb port.... on the Helix but the hardware tolerances may be different on the Fractal.

The cable is long... 3M but that shouldn't be an issue. I will try a shorter cable if this thing ever finishes loading up... lol.

ideas?

Thanks
what do you mean "for factory presets to load"? what process is this describing?

what do you mean "for factory presets to load"? what process is this describing?
Thanks for the quick response Chris... nobody probably sees this cuz the presets bank from the FM9 normally loads up quick... I just plugged it into another USB port on my laptop and worked fine. Very odd... will need to compare the ports on the laptop... one may be Ver 2 other Ver 3.
Mystery solved.

Thanks

They should have been preloaded if this is a new unit.

Using the latest macOS version of FM9-Edit on my Turbo and the allbanks file it took just under 2 minutes 36 seconds.
i think they mean FM9-Edit going through the initial Refresh/Update.

i think they mean FM9-Edit going through the initial Refresh/Update.
Hmm. Maybe. Like I said I just reloaded all the factory presets, then turned around and had the FM9 refresh them all "just 'cause" and that was well under 10 minutes.

If it's a used unit there might be something wonky with the settings.

Thanks for the quick response Chris... nobody probably sees this cuz the presets bank from the FM9 normally loads up quick... I just plugged it into another USB port on my laptop and worked fine. Very odd... will need to compare the ports on the laptop... one may be Ver 2 other Ver 3.
Mystery solved.

Thanks
The Fractal devices require only USB 2.0 and that's plenty fast.

Again, it's still not clear what action you are performing. Are you actually installing factory presets?

The Fractal devices require only USB 2.0 and that's plenty fast.

Again, it's still not clear what action you are performing. Are you actually installing factory presets?
So... I am not loading factory presets on the new device (yes... they there)... what I meant was... it was taking forever for them to load (should have said syn'd) in FM9 Edit.

So... I am not loading factory presets on the new device (yes... they there)... what I meant was... it was taking forever for them to load (should have said syn'd) in FM9 Edit.
It's probably your wording, but that still doesn't help.

I'm guessing you mean at the bottom of the editor where it shows that it's reading the blocks, cabs and presets that it takes a long time to scan the presets?

There are no presets "loaded" in the editor - only the names. Everything else is on the hardware.

Just want to make sure we really understand.

It's probably your wording, but that still doesn't help.

I'm guessing you mean at the bottom of the editor where it shows that it's reading the blocks, cabs and presets that it takes a long time to scan the presets?

There are no presets "loaded" in the editor - only the names. Everything else is on the hardware.

Just want to make sure we really understand.
Yes... I completely understand that the actual presets are only on the device. There was never a confusion on my part... I just failed to articulate this in my moment of frustration.
Bottom line...the issue was the port on the laptop.

Thanks

Yes... I completely understand that the actual presets are only on the device. There was never a confusion on my part... I just failed to articulate this in my moment of frustration.
Bottom line...the issue was the port on the laptop.

Thanks
Thanks for confirming.

Back
Top Bottom