Preset with tonematch

Hansen

Experienced
I have made a preset using tonematch. If I am running through a cab live and turn off cab simulation, will this also turn off tonematch? Or should I not disable the tonematch block when running through an amp?

I have made a preset using tonematch. If I am running through a cab live and turn off cab simulation, will this also turn off tonematch? Or should I not disable the tonematch block when running through an amp?

Yeah, you'll have to turn that off. It will sound horrible otherwise.

Something that may work is to create an IR of your current cab then add it to the signal chain along with the tone match... Then when you switch to your live setup, bypass the cab block. It won't be exact, but it may be damn close.

Two things to remember, direct recorded tones more often than not sound thin and bright when translated to a live setup. And the second thing, Tone match includes tone matching the mic, console, eq, and any other tweaks the engineer and mastering gurus did to get "that sound".

Ok. but will when i turn the cab simulation of will it also effect the tonematch block or do i have to turn that off manually?

If you're using a guitar cab, the tone match block will sit before your actual cab so will colour you're sound and it'll not sound anything like you're original patch, regardless of you having you're cab block switched in or out in the axe fx.

Only way you'll get a good replication is if you put the cab block or IR after the tone match block in the chain then turn it off when you goin to the cab. It'll sound pretty similar, only issue is that the tone match will be pre-guitar cab so not be an accurate tonematch as the cab will colour it regardless. That make sense?

Back
Top Bottom