Preset leveling all scenes

This has probably already been answered but does the preset leveling feature adjust all the scene levels in a given preset at once?

This has probably already been answered but does the preset leveling feature adjust all the scene levels in a given preset at once?
The Preset Leveling Tool uses the Amp block Level parameter for adjusting the volume so yes, in a sense, it adjusts the level of all of the other scenes at once for all scenes using that channel of the Amp block.

If you are using the Level parameter in other blocks (effects) with different settings from scene to scene, there can still be volume differences.

The Preset Leveling Tool uses the Amp block Level parameter for adjusting the volume so yes, in a sense, it adjusts the level of all of the other scenes at once for all scenes using that channel of the Amp block.

If you are using the Level parameter in other blocks (effects) with different settings from scene to scene, there can still be volume differences.
Ok, that makes sense. I'll try it out, thanks.

Also if adjusting the amp doesn't solve scene to scene levels you can adjust individual scene levels in the Output Block.

JoKer's final part of the statement is very important.

Scenes contain the channels used for a block, so if the channels are changing in the Amp block then, like he said, the Preset Leveling tool will help, as it gives us access to the Amp blocks' Levels in the current channel of the Amp block, and the Out blocks' Levels. Switch between the scenes in the preset, and set the level of the Amp block or Out in each scene to match. Once you've done your scenes, then compare the preset to the previous preset and make sure they're the same, then move to the next preset and repeat the process.

If you're adjusting the levels in other blocks in the grid then you'll need to adjust those as necessary or use the Out blocks' Level to pull the scenes in line. That can get "interesting" sometimes especially if you haven't touched that preset in a long time and forgot how you adjusted the individual levels.

For simplicity, I rarely change the output level of a block unless it's running in a parallel path, and then I try to only adjust the last block in that path. Parallel paths are special cases with the levels of both paths being added together where they recombine; That's documented in the Wiki and I think the Blocks Guide.

The Preset Leveling tool is our friend but it can't handle every possible situation we can think of, we're too devious.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom