Preset help

sgilsinger

Inspired
I was wondering if anyone could take a listen to this preset and tell me if there is a way to make it sound fuller.It cuts through the mix,but the other guitarist in the band is playing through an EVH5153 head and 2 EVH 4x12 cabs and he sounds a little warmer and fuller.I am playing through an AxeFx2 into a Matrix GT1000FX and out to 2 Marshall 1960's cabs (output 2).Output 1 L&R go to the FOH.Any Help is appreciated.

i'm not a tone wiz, but there is no low end coming out of that preset for me. there is something in there almost compressing the low-end out of the sound.

when i create a new preset with just the Energyball amp and Factory Cab 124 all at default settings, everything sounds instantly more full. perhaps your PEQ and Multiband compressor are complicating things? the Resonator seems to not do anything. the 2 cab blocks with different delay times could also be phase cancelling things to take away "fullness."

i increased the 125 hz slider in the Amp GEQ and it sounded "fuller" but i don't know what "fuller" means to you. i also adjusted the delay times of the 2 cabs and the tone definitely changed, so perhaps it's this phase cancellation being the main cause of lack of low end and fullness.

here's what the preset looks like for those interested: Screen Shot 2015-11-10 at 11.27.18 AM.png

i'm not a tone wiz, but there is no low end coming out of that preset for me. there is something in there almost compressing the low-end out of the sound.

when i create a new preset with just the Energyball amp and Factory Cab 124 all at default settings, everything sounds instantly more full. perhaps your PEQ and Multiband compressor are complicating things? the Resonator seems to not do anything. the 2 cab blocks with different delay times could also be phase cancelling things to take away "fullness."

i increased the 125 hz slider in the Amp GEQ and it sounded "fuller" but i don't know what "fuller" means to you. i also adjusted the delay times of the 2 cabs and the tone definitely changed, so perhaps it's this phase cancellation being the main cause of lack of low end and fullness.

here's what the preset looks like for those interested: View attachment 28252
Chris at work yet again! what a guy!

What delay times did you set the cabs at? I will try a more basic setup and see how that sounds.
i really just turned them randomly and the sound changed. delaying one cab is a trick to get phase cancellation - which means Frequencies will be missing. perhaps the times you set cancelled out too much low end or "full" frequencies.

perhaps keep one of the cabs at 0.0 delay, and only delay the other one in small increments until it sounds like what you want.

the cab delay is just a guess as to what may be happening in that preset, as there are many factors that could affect the fullness of that sound. again, with just the amp and a single cab at default settings, it sounded "fuller" but not quite as "dialed in" as your current preset.

Back
Top Bottom