Preset help, uploaded patches

The_Kid

Experienced
Hey guys,

So long story short (i'll try not to babble), I have 60+ presets setup using my Liquid Foot+ controller in Setlist Mode. Those presets all sound great, and have the appropriate boost level between rhythm/lead patches.

In setting up another page on my controller to have just a bank of stock rhythm/lead sounds for simple jams and such...I copied the basic rhythm, and lead versions into Bank B of my Ultra. All is fine here so far.

I have it setup so where button 8 is my Diezel rhythm patch, and a 2nd step of button 8 turns on the same sound, but the lead version....and back and forth.

My issue is that while jamming last night, it seems my Lead Patch is substantially quieter than my rhythm and seems way more compressed. Both patches are in Bank B and copied straight from Bank A's which sound fine. The only extra blocks I've added are a Chorus/Graphic/Wah to the rhythms, and Graphic/Wah/Filter/Delay to the lead patches. All of those blocks are bypass controlled via expression pedals 1/2. So when I switch patches they are all off so shouldnt effect tone/volume.

however the issue is happening. I have all my patches set to -6.9db output level, and have tried adjusting the filter boost (usually around 4.0db) and the output level, but it doesnt seem to be working.

Can someone check these presets and see if they get a boost and something else is causing it?

Quick notes about the patches....I have my Diezel saved under Global Amp 8, I clicked the remove global check when saving....I have cab ir's loaded as a user slot....but its not an issue with tone so use whatever cab you want....i'm more concerned with db difference between rhy/lead sounds.

Attachments

• Dzl LdWa(2).syx
    2 KB · Views: 2
  • Dzl Rh.syx
    2 KB · Views: 1
Your rhythm preset's chorus is parallel to a shunt, 13.4% mix, Mute FX Out bypass mode, so you're almost doubling (+6 dB) the dry level there whether or not chorus is on. I'd route it in series instead, thru bypass mode.

Ahh, great catch......parallel needs 100% mix, series is what I probably intended.....makes great sense, and I knew that. Was just editing on the fly quickly to get everything setup.

Even funnier, I've jammed on the patches 'as is' with the volume issue cause I really miss just jamming along with cds and such...and I kept not hearing the chorus when I wanted it, kept raising the mix and it didnt seem to help...lol.....

Thanks Bakerman, always easy to overlook the obvious...

Back
Top Bottom