Preset Encyclopedia

Bulldog50

Inspired
Have any experts written up a description of all the factory presets? I would do it but I am not qualified. Like a short description of each preset, what songs it tends to emulate, what artist's guitar sound like this preset,etc. Man, I would pay for something like that, as it is quite a job to browse through all the presets to get close to what I am looking for.

I'd love a reverse artist or song lookup, but I don't know what the appropriate venue for this would be. In my head, I'd like to do a search for "Pantera" or "Iron Man" or "Iommi" and get a list of available presets that are boxed factory presets, commercially available ones, or results from Axechange. In an ideal world, they'd also be tagged with the target firmware, given the large changes that can occur in .0 releases. I guess that'd have to be either a standalone service or some kind of wiki format.

Would love to see someone update that page with the names and numbers of the final version of the Ultra presets. I always find myself looking those up.

Would be wonderful, axe edit can load amp description cab description from wiki with photo.

Would be wonderful, axe edit can load amp description cab description from wiki with photo.
For legal reasons, I would not want wiki content inside an official Fractal Audio Systems app. We have considered an XML file for tips, with the option for users to share and edit their own versions of this file, but there are more rewarding projects to do.

Back
Top Bottom