Preset crackling: Anyone else experience this?

Fat Dad

Inspired
I bought the Austinbuddy Live Gold Pack and I’ve tried almost all of the presets. I really, really dig the EVH 50w Blue Channel preset, but I noticed that it crackles when I play. Does anyone else experience this?

I thought my input signal might be clipping but it rarely “tickles” the red light. This happens through headphones and through my FRFR at any volume.

I had some crackling the other day. My FM3 was sitting on while unused for several hours (had real work to get done).

When I finally had a chance to play I plugged in a guitar a friend loaned me and whenever I played there was a loud crackling sound. It was only there when playing so I thought it was the guitar. Switched to a known good guitar and it was still there.

I rebooted the FM3 and it was gone. That had never happened before or since, even after leaving on for a long time.

I bought the Austinbuddy Live Gold Pack and I’ve tried almost all of the presets. I really, really dig the EVH 50w Blue Channel preset, but I noticed that it crackles when I play. Does anyone else experience this?

I thought my input signal might be clipping but it rarely “tickles” the red light. This happens through headphones and through my FRFR at any volume.

I just had a quick play with it - fun preset. Not noticing any crackling.

For reference, my FM3 is brand new and came stock with the latest firmware. (Not bragging lol, just want to provide adequate info)

I’ve had some good luck dialing back the input trim. All the way to .33 on active pickups on some high gain amps.

Disconnect the modifiers in this order:

brite switch CS4
Low cut CS6

better?

if not then
Saturation CS 5
Fat Switch CS3

better?

if not take off last one CS2 amp boost. That will fix it when all are removed. If the issue is still there, it’s not the preset but something else causing it.

This is a known bug/issue in FM3 (fixed in Axe Fx III). It has to do with the extra load on an amp block CPU when controllers are attached. My hope is future firmware update will correct it, as it did for Axe-Fx III.

Before logging on, this morning I removed the CS modifiers and the crackling is gone. Honestly, this is my ideal preset, so I'm glad there was a quick fix. Thanks all for your responses. @austinbuddy This preset pack is a real treat. Thank you so much for all the work you put into it!

Before logging on, this morning I removed the CS modifiers and the crackling is gone. Honestly, this is my ideal preset, so I'm glad there was a quick fix. Thanks all for your responses. @austinbuddy This preset pack is a real treat. Thank you so much for all the work you put into it!
Cool! @Amdowell - I'm curious...if you add JUST the CS2 modifier back to the amp model, does it start to crackle again then? (That amp boost is so important!). I know this overall (all five modifiers attached) is an issue on the Triple Crest and the Hook, and it sounds like the 5150 Blue 50W too...just good to know what amps people have this issue on. Thanks!

Cool! @Amdowell - I'm curious...if you add JUST the CS2 modifier back to the amp model, does it start to crackle again then? (That amp boost is so important!). I know this overall (all five modifiers attached) is an issue on the Triple Crest and the Hook, and it sounds like the 5150 Blue 50W too...just good to know what amps people have this issue on. Thanks!
Added the CS2 modifier back in and no crackle. Sounds great!

Back
Top Bottom