Preset changes volume and balance

I suddenly have an issue with my main preset changing it's main volume level and Balance 1 and 2 changing from center to panned every time I switch to a different preset and then back to my main. No other preset is doing this. I don't know if it is a glitch, or if something is causing this to happen, because it is never consistent or the same, one time it might be the output level going up or down (sometimes all the way), another time both balance 1 and 2 will be hard panned left and right, the next time only balance 2 might panned 75% left, it's very strange, and I am storing the changes i correct every time before switching to another preset. I was setting up my MFC101, and had everything working how I wanted it, and then I started messing with XY on the amp setting and out of nowhere this issue popped up. Anyone have any idea what is happening here?

And now it is happening even when changing scenes. It is only happening to my main scene 1 sound, the other scenes are acting normal.

I reloaded my preset to a different number on the patches, reset everything up and it all worked fine, then I lost sound to almost all patches, only a couple here and there are making any noise at all. I didn't change any settings on outputs or inputs. I turned the unit off for about a half hour and came back to it and still have no sound, through headphones or output to an amp.

Yeah support tickets is the way to go. Sounds like some kind of hardware issue but I could be wrong. Just curious did u buy the machine new or used?

I bought it used, did a reset, loaded the latest firmware and banks. Have had no issues, then today while setting up my MFC 101, it started have the problems. I disconnected the MFC just to see if that may have been causing any problems, but nothing changed.

Here is my preset, let me know if there is anything I should different with it, or something that may have triggered an issue.

Attachments

• Digitech 2120 II.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 4
You reached the preset size limit, which means some parameters won't be properly stored. If you view the data in a sysex utility the lack of any long strings of 00 bytes near the end of the preset indicates this scenario.

The tone match block uses a lot of space. You could try exporting to a user IR and replacing with cab block. That might bring it within the size limit.

You reached the preset size limit, which means some parameters won't be properly stored. If you view the data in a sysex utility the lack of any long strings of 00 bytes near the end of the preset indicates this scenario.

The tone match block uses a lot of space. You could try exporting to a user IR and replacing with cab block. That might bring it within the size limit.
Would that have caused my output to not be putting out any sound though, or caused any damage to the system? Out of the 384 presets, about 50 of them are putting out sound.

It shouldn't cause problems on other presets.

Did you restart the Axe-FX after disconnecting the MFC earlier?
Yes, it did t help. I submitted a ticket to support, hopefully this can be resolved. If I need to do a reset and reload the banks or something, that wouldn’t be a big deal, I just hope it isn’t anything worse than that.

Support got back to me, they recommend I start with a system reset in the Utilities button. I did that, the sound worked for a couple seconds and then quit working again. So I deleted my preset that Bakerman said had too much info on it, then reloaded that same preset with none of the effect blocks loaded and it all seems to be working good now. Support also said that "all kinds of funky things may occur with CPU over usage", so it seems that was that was the source of the problem.

Back
Top Bottom