Preparing to gig my Axe II

Ok so my band has a show coming up august 8th at a fairly large venue in toronto. Itll be my first gig with my axe fx and with the band Im playing with.

Anyways, to get ready for the show, Ill be picking up a berhinger FCB1010 controller with the Uno chip temporarilty untill I go for a Ground control pronor the fractal midi controller.

Which leaves monitoring. Right now I only use my axe fx through headphones. Im going to be running direct for the show but should I pickup an active Pa wedge for myself? Ill want to at some point for sure as well as studio monitors. Should I get the alto ts112a or save a little more and get the EV elx112p wedge?

Any help is appreciated as the next few weeks leading up to the gig will be fairly stressful (still have to write our material too! :roll )

Tis scary stuff when first going down this road man. Many of us have been there.

The controller will work; but I've no experience with the Fractal and the Behringer. There are many here that do have experience with that setup and that can help you on that though.

IMHO, if you are running direct to FOH/FRFR, you are best served with your own powered monitor on stage for you to control. That simply removes a lot of variables to the equation. I've used the Alto here; I found it unsatisfactory, but I'm spoiled with the big bad RCF NX 12-SMA. (You can hear a little bit of the Alto if you click on my YouTube link in my signature). The EV is a definate step up on both quality and output IMHO. If you can afford it, I'd recommend that over the Alto.

Just my opinion; if you can try the gear out and do your own A/B test, that's far better.

Have a great gig man.

Back
Top Bottom