Preparing for the live

Nawual

Good!, I'm still with my new AX8 preparing for the live and I would like to know what you think about how to organize the sounds for live.

My idea is to use about 8 presets in a bank for the band, now I do not know whether to put a base preset and create 8 scenes for each button, adding and removing the effects you need.
Or put, if you can do, here is a rookie, each sound in a different preset and assign it to each button but to switch between them do not have to press the F1 first.

Let's see what you think you've been doing for a while and you have experience of taking it to live concerts

Thanks and regards

You can assign Footswitches 1-8 to a variety of functions including individual presets. That's the beauty of the AX8 and FX8, incredibly flexible to fit most any scenario or need.

For my purposes and the way bands I've played in work, there's plenty of time to change presets so I just use F1's default 'Press and Hold' for 'Single Preset/Bank' and just select the appropriate footswitch.
I typically only use 2 scenes so F2 'Tap' is assigned to 'Toggle Scene 1/2'. I also have a Footswitch assigned as a Control switch and the rest of them operate effects in the presets.
If I need quick access to additional scenes, I'll just add whatever I need to a Footswitch or two. It basically incorporates the 'Stompbox' mode with assigned Instant Access switches.

I do things weird - and I only had my FX8 for 3 weeks before going on a 3 week tour.

I use 1 preset for 90% of our set - one other preset for one specific live song (changed the reverb type but need Y to be the same).

I use mine like a pedalboard. I have X/Y setups on reverb and delay since I came from timeline/bigsky+second rev/dly pedal, pitch, drive (for boost) and a volume block as a killswitch. I press each pedal individually as I haven't gotten any practice with scenes. I have F3 as preset up, F2 as preset down (so I can get to secondary live preset quickly) and F1 as tuner. The hold for each F switch has the same function as pressing it.

Basically I treat my FX8 as a regular pedalboard. Since only the reverb needs to go between X and Y during the set, it's a very simple setup.

When we prep for our album release tour next year, I will be looking into doing a preset per song for the set to really nail what we did on the record. But I've been running the LP at practice with just those two presets anyway...

Both ideas are good. I think I'm going to use the sticky preset method, because the band where I play changes the order of the songs, sometimes even requests from the audience are made.
And also the repertoire is immense, almost 120 songs, impossible to make a preset song.
The idea is to make 8 presets to cover everything in general.
What I do not like about the sticky preset mode is the lighting of the intermittent LEDs very fast,o_O

Back
Top Bottom