Precision Drive Pedal isn't the same as the real thing

caustix

I am testing the precision drive pedal block, and to my ears, the "attack" isn't behaving like the real deal. I own the real thing and was about to sell it... the attack is the low cut? Or am I getting things wrong?

One thing to consider is the current beta has an error in the low cut of the drive block. You might have been getting at that in this post. I'd wait for the Cygnus beta or final release to really test similarities.

One thing to consider is the current beta has an error in the low cut of the drive block. You might have been getting at that in this post. I'd wait for the Cygnus beta or final release to really test similarities.
Thanks for that! Appreciated

If what you’re hearing is that the modeled version is much more trebly at the same settings as the real pedal, I agree. So far I still much prefer my actual Precision Drive - much less ice picky. Hopefully an update will improve things.

so 0 is 10 and 10 is 0?? It felt a bit tubby (bottom end) when I set it to 8
From another thread

Attack knob is inverted.

On the physical pedal, it tightens up the more you turn it clockwise - on the FM3 it operates in reverse. Higher values = less attack/more gain.

Just curious. You are testing the real pedal before FM3 or in send/return so that it is processed after the input block?

He is saying the comment was from another thread ;)
And I'm saying that 15 seconds worth of turning the knob would tell you that the control is reversed, at least from what I personally would expect ;)

I don't know if that's an Axe bug or not; it accurately models some other pedals that have "backwards" controls in real life. I just know what that particular control does on the Axe.

Any chance to get the Diffusion Parameters in the normal Delays Blocks back when Cygnus comes out?
This question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Have you considered starting your own thread? Or better yet, searching the forum to see if this question has already been asked and answered?

This question has nothing to do with the topic of this thread. Have you considered starting your own thread? Or better yet, searching the forum to see if this question has already been asked and answered?
Oh im sorry, this was the completley wrong thread!

Not just from another thread from reality! Try it, it's obvious.
The thing is, it's not obvious. I dunno about you, but I have the real pedal in my chain and I am telling you, it is not the same. The effect (tight lows) is simply not like the real pedal, not even close! When I leave it at 5 it feels like there is a low shelf, clockwise turns the bass up, so it feels. And anti-clockwise removes the attack, it doesn't make the attack cut!

They need to work on this one. It isn't like the real pedal!

It is quite thin and nasal to be fair, compared to the real pedal. It almost feels like there is a cocked wah on this model which isn't how it sounds in real life (more like an OD with variable lowcut instead of this with a very cocked wah, thin and nasal sound).

It is quite thin and nasal to be fair, compared to the real pedal. It almost feels like there is a cocked wah on this model which isn't how it sounds in real life (more like an OD with variable lowcut instead of this with a very cocked wah, thin and nasal sound).
Yea man, I hope they get this one right. It's not quite the same when using EQ for the same effect. Whatever the guys did when making this precision drive, definitely works!

Back
Top Bottom