Precision Drive on AX8, weird humming

Carpercen

Inspired
Hi I finally have my ax8 and monitors, and after figuring out I finally connected my Precision drive to it using "L" send and return on the back of ax8.
I loaded a factory preset, page 1, preset 7, Friedman BE, and replaced the drive block on it with the fxloop block and a gate, now when I turn it on the amp sound really really great but there's a nasty hum/buzz when not playing that goes down when the pedal's noise gate activates.
Now if I turn up the pedal's noise gate it helps but kills the mojo...

What am I missing? Is the FX loop nature to be noisy? Or am I configuring it wrong?

Thanks

Hi I finally have my ax8 and monitors, and after figuring out I finally connected my Precision drive to it using "L" send and return on the back of ax8.
I loaded a factory preset, page 1, preset 7, Friedman BE, and replaced the drive block on it with the fxloop block and a gate, now when I turn it on the amp sound really really great but there's a nasty hum/buzz when not playing that goes down when the pedal's noise gate activates.
Now if I turn up the pedal's noise gate it helps but kills the mojo...

What am I missing? Is the FX loop nature to be noisy? Or am I configuring it wrong?

Thanks
Are you powering it with its own power supply? Try a battery and/or a humbuster cable on the out2 connection, it could bea ground loop.

Are you powering it with its own power supply? Try a battery and/or a humbuster cable on the out2 connection, it could bea ground loop.
Yes, it's own power supply, I'll try the battery because Im from Mexico so no humbuster option right now for me

power problem, hum buster cables are just ordinary stereo cables with one mono jack (or I miss something?) so you can do it yourself easily!

I tried the humbuster in out 2, when I activate the pedal it makes a really annoying sound now... Why is the humbuster making more noise?

Back
Top Bottom