Preamp/Poweramp gain structure balance parameter with retained volume

Cobrango

Power User
Hi, maybe someone already thought of this in an old thread, but would it be able to add
a parameter that adjusts the balance between all elements of preamp gain such as Input drive etc.
and power amp gain such as Master volume etc.

Just a knob that when turned clockwise bumps the power amp gain and reduce preamp gain,
and anti-clockwise reduce power amp gain while bumping preamp gain.

This would have to be done in a manner that restores the overall volume but changes the gain structure.

Is it doable?

Best regards,
Cobrango / Torje Amundsen

You could try to connect the input gain and master volume to a modifier, e.g. a foot pedal, and adjust the modifier curves until there's no volume changes. I'd imagine it takes a while until this is actually done, but I'm sure this will work.

You could try to connect the input gain and master volume to a modifier, e.g. a foot pedal, and adjust the modifier curves until there's no volume changes. I'd imagine it takes a while until this is actually done, but I'm sure this will work.
Oh! that sounds nice. I was thinking about modifiers actually. I don't have any pedals hooked up right now so I have to wait a bit for that, but thanks for the input. Maybe this means it's easily doable in a firmware release?

If someone are able to make a modifier block or preset or something (I've not used modifiers as much) with this in mind, that would be awesome. I'll try it out in the future but it won't happen right away.

Also, if you know of some, please do post the best videos you've watched demonstrating the difference of preamp gain and poweramp gain

Heyy! Yes I shot a video of trying to do something like this. It's hard to get it perfect but you can get it close enough so you can objectively choose your master setting. I think it's really difficult to hear what the master is really doing because of the volume differences.

Back
Top Bottom