Preamp Block...

Preamp Block

• good idea!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Guitar-Tiz

Experienced
There are a few separate preamps out there like the ADA MP-1, the Marshall JMP-1, and a few others that I'd love to see modeled in their own block.

I know some of you guys want to be able to turn off the preamps in the amp block so you can mix and match pre, and power amps, so I figured if that gets added this would be a cool addition since the dry power-amp would be accessible then.

Actually if this could be added to the drive block, or Scarr's advanced drive block idea it would be just as cool too.

And how would you use it with several different power amps if it was in a separate block? I can't shake the feeling that this doesn't solve any problems, but creates others.

scarr said:
And how would you use it with several different power amps if it was in a separate block? I can't shake the feeling that this doesn't solve any problems, but creates others.

This is why I said it would only work if it went along with the ability to switch off preamps in the amp block.

Actually if we could switch preamps, like you suggested in another thread, then we could just add them to the amp block, so that is probably the best idea.

Of course I made this thread before yours, so I hadn't thought of that when I posted this.

Guitar-Tiz said:
Of course I made this thread before yours, so I hadn't thought of that when I posted this.
You need to learn to read my mind like VegaBaby. ;)

On second thought, don't. It's scary in there. :?

I asked Cliff if I could send him my 3TM modded MP-1 to use way back when and he said he already had a stock MP-1 there. :cool:

Not sure yet how it can easily and smoothly be done by Cliff so that it actually makes sense with dofferent preamps, but since I've been wanting an ADA in there since a long time it definitely gets a yes from me.

Actually since Scarr came up with the idea to just switch pre, or poweramps, whichever works best for Cliff, in the amp block itself, I kind of prefer that idea, and I rather see votes go to that, but vote how you wish...

I know I'm changing my vote. :D

Guitar-Tiz said:
Actually since Scarr came up with the idea to just switch pre, or poweramps, whichever works best for Cliff, in the amp block itself, I kind of prefer that idea, and I rather see votes go to that, but vote how you wish...

I know I'm changing my vote. :D
Wow, it must be a good idea if I got you to abandon yours for it. :p

A bit of a bump but I want to strongly second this one. I'd love to see a stock MP-1 and a Mesa/Boogie 50/50 modeled in the AxeFx, seeing that would hang up any reservations I have right now.

Back
Top Bottom