Praise & Worship Patch

D20

Power User
Hey everyone,
I've been trying to nail a good P&W tone lately with the Matchbox D-30 amp model. Usually at church I run through the actual amp and have a pedal board with me, but I'm hoping i can get away with just using the AX8 instead (Not to mention it will save my back from breaking!). I also usually run a compressor and an old 80's RAT and then i have a DD550 and a RV-5 reverb pedal. I'm a minimalist mostly when it comes to effects.

Here is a clip (forgive my sloppy playing please i was recording this at 4:30 am...not enough coffee yet) of some chords and then a riff from Hosanna (Praise is Rising). First is without the RAT and then i kick it in. I'll also post the patch if you want to test it out.

Anyone have any tips or critiques are most welcome.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ur14pku6ow85d0/P&W Patch.mp3?dl=0

Attachments

• P&W Patch.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 104
I've been using the AX8 exclusively for the last 7 months or so at church and have been more pleased with the tones than with any amp and pedalboard/FX8/AX8 combination I've used before. While some of the factory IRs are good, what helped more than anything was using Cab Lab to mix 3rd party IRs. I have a specific preference for how cabs are mic'd so being able to select the mic position on the speaker, as well as choosing different mic placements (room, back of cab), then mixing them has made all the difference in the world.

I've been using the AX8 exclusively for the last 7 months or so at church and have been more pleased with the tones than with any amp and pedalboard/FX8/AX8 combination I've used before. While some of the factory IRs are good, what helped more than anything was using Cab Lab to mix 3rd party IRs. I have a specific preference for how cabs are mic'd so being able to select the mic position on the speaker, as well as choosing different mic placements (room, back of cab), then mixing them has made all the difference in the world.

I have Cab Lab but only really used it for converting IRs to UltraRes IRs. I may need to try out mixing IRs sometime soon. I think I probably haven't out of laziness hahaha! I'm sure it is beneficial mixing IRs though.

Back
Top Bottom