Practice Chair

khawk

Inspired
I’ve searched the archives for a recommendation on a dual purpose chair for home office/guitar. Secret Lab looks awesome but just wanted to see if anyone had any other recommendations?

I find that a comfortable office chair without arms serves excellent double duty as a guitar chair. The upright seating position lends itself well to guitar playing. I got mine from Madison Seating, but any comfy model you can source locally would work.

I find that a comfortable office chair without arms serves excellent double duty as a guitar chair. The upright seating position lends itself well to guitar playing. I got mine from Madison Seating, but any comfy model you can source locally would work.
Thanks Rick. And that’s what I keep batting around. Can I buy a nice office chair with arms that can somehow be pushed back. Think I’m searching for a chupacabra! Lol

https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...VOJ9aBR1W7gfTEAQYBCABEgJ86vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've had one of these for a couple years now. I also work remote so I'm in it quite a bit. You can push the armrests down a fair bit and push the arms back towards the seat and they've never gotten in the way. I do play in the classical position so I tend to sit a little more towards the edge than when I'm just using the PC like normal. I had a Vertagear gaming chair before this one and it worked decently well but I had several parts break on me.

Just to add another flavour... I use a fitball as my office chair and practice chair if I sit down.
The angle of the knee should be more than 90° so it fits well also for playing guitar.
You need some time to get comfortable but you cannot come back to regular chairs!

Just to add another flavour... I use a fitball as my office chair and practice chair if I sit down.
The angle of the knee should be more than 90° so it fits well also for playing guitar.
You need some time to get comfortable but you cannot come back to regular chairs!
Thanks Riccardo! I do quite a bit of running so I’m fit myself but I’ve always worried I’d kill myself on one of those things! 🤣

Probably not this chair. Unless you have the dog to go with it.

Gotta give him credit for hanging on to that guitar and keeping it from snapping! Probably had a lot to do with the picture of Brian May demonstrating how to clutch a guitar in the case of a major chair malfunction!

https://www.officedepot.com/a/produ...VOJ9aBR1W7gfTEAQYBCABEgJ86vD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

I've had one of these for a couple years now. I also work remote so I'm in it quite a bit. You can push the armrests down a fair bit and push the arms back towards the seat and they've never gotten in the way. I do play in the classical position so I tend to sit a little more towards the edge than when I'm just using the PC like normal. I had a Vertagear gaming chair before this one and it worked decently well but I had several parts break on me.
Man. that looks super comfy.

Back
Top Bottom