POWERMAD's 2nd show with AxeFXII!

Sorry to go all fanboy on you, but this is the first post that I've seen. My buddy and I were JUST talking about POWERMAD today while record shopping in Western Michigan. Our circle of friends were HUGE fans back in the late 80's. We still talk about your show at the Ritz in Roseville (near Detroit) during the Absolute Power days. Great stuff! Will you be doing any gigs in the Detroit area at some point? Also, your old releases are harder to find than hen's teeth. Any plans for nice 180 gram vinyl reissues?

jp

Hey jp
First of all thanks for the support!I remember that show!We are in the final stages with the new record and it should be "out" this late fall/early winter.One show in Mpls Oct.27th at Surly Brewing and more shows after the record is out.No promises on Detroit but it makes sense!We should have old releases available for download only soon(Warner Bros. won't re-issue them). New record will have limited vinyl,good idea about re-issue vinyl!

Cheers
Todd

Cool!
loving the BRJ (I have a 7 string BRJ)
What's H.O.A.? is that the Wacken festival?

Headbangers Open Air is a smaller outdoor fest north of Hamburg!
man Wacken would be amazing to play maybe next year when the new record is out ;-)
I really like the way the BRJ Jekyll-8 plays,Kahler bridge works great for my palm muting style

The HOA festival is awesome. My band Leviathan played there last year with Fates Warning. The guys from Hellion Records in Germany put this festival on every year. We hope to get back there next year. Great fans, very devoted and die hard metal heads. It was inspiring.
John.
Leviathan

Fanboy here! HAHAHA!! Absolute Power (tape mind you) is always in rotation!

Someday I'll make it over there for some real metal festivals!!! Love hearing how well the AXEII is working direct!

The HOA festival is awesome. My band Leviathan played there last year with Fates Warning. The guys from Hellion Records in Germany put this festival on every year. We hope to get back there next year. Great fans, very devoted and die hard metal heads. It was inspiring.
John.
Leviathan

wow I am a self professed prog metal o.g. (original gangsta). I have all your previous albums great to hear you have another album (remember quiet room from colorado also) ps Im very friendly with Ray Alder (fates) and vvvvvery close with Redemption (Rays more prolific and better 2/3rds). Progmetal fanboy (see the name LOL)

wow I am a self professed prog metal o.g. (original gangsta). I have all your previous albums great to hear you have another album (remember quiet room from colorado also) ps Im very friendly with Ray Alder (fates) and vvvvvery close with Redemption (Rays more prolific and better 2/3rds). Progmetal fanboy (see the name LOL)

Hey Symphx. thanks I was an original member in the quiet room. Back then we were called Tyrants Reign. Then we changed out name to Incarnate Fear. It is funny that Colorado doesn't have much of a music scene but in the Prog Metal genre a lot of great bands have made their mark from here. Titan Force, Quiet Room, Leviathan and Jag Panzer, just to name a few. In High school we weren't into sports, Guys like Chris Broderick, Jason Boudreau ( from Quiet Room) and I were very competitive about music theory and guitar shredding. At least one of us made it big:) It is all in the timing of things.
Anyway. Leviathan is working on a brand new album right now. I love the tones that I am getting out of my AXE II. I used the Ultra on the last album but screwed up on the tones. I am kind of disappointed in the overall production. That is what I get for rushing it on my own. I will post some clips once the new album is done.
I would love to hear what this awesome Fractal community would say about the tones and playing.
Thanks
John L.
Leviathan

Titan Force, Quiet Room, Leviathan, Jag Panzer, Powermad...that's my world. Love all those bands.
Great to hear that there's more heavy stuff on the forum than just Djent.
I mean I also like some of those stuff but I miss the "real" riffs and most of the bands sound the same.
Played this year's B.Y.H. with the Axe-Fx and the Matrix GT800FX and it was pure fun.
Not that easy to recognize on the pic because the stage was immense :D
We'll play the ProgPower festival in Atlanta next month and if everything works I'll use the same setup.

Attachments

• pic.jpg
    pic.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 20

say hey to Ray!
Powermad and Fates toured many years ago

Back
Top Bottom