Ytolyccuz

Inspired
Hi Guys,

I'm using my Axe Fx 2 mark ii with a Furman power conditioner. Both are mounted on a 3U rack that I vertically orient beside my 1x12 cabinet. My question is:
  1. Is it ok to have it vertically oriented for prolonged periods? i.e. everytime.
  2. Is it ok to have the axe fx's power switch always ON and just turn on / off both units using the main switch from the furman? The rack is situated in a spot that is quite inconvenient for me to turn off the axe fx's own power switch. Also, I'm worried that I might wear it off since every time I use it, I have to flick it 2 times.
Thank you in advance and I'm just so amazed how helpful people are in this forum!

I also do the power conditioner, and it works fine to switch it that way. Cliff confirmed that some time back. I've also seen several use it in lots of orientations, and all see to work.

Is it ok to have the axe fx's power switch always ON and just turn on / off both units using the main switch from the furman?

That's the way I've been using my Axe-Fx II, since I bought it just over two years ago. So far, no issues.

The front panel power switch on the Axe II disconnects the rear panel IEC power socket from the internal power supply. Turning off your external power strip does the exact same thing, cuts the mains power going to the Axe's interal power supply. There's no harm whatsoever.

On a related note though, if you power your speakers through the same power strip, make sure you turn them off first before turning everything else off with strip switch to avoid the loud output pop you get when the Axe II shuts down. That sudden loud pop can be hell on speakers. The XL+ I believe has pop protection during it's shutdown, but the other models pop like hell if you turn everything off at once.

As for orientation, as long as the unit is getting adequate ventilation to stay cool, you can mount it any which way you want. The only moving part in it is the fan.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom