Power Outage

I own two Atomic CLR ref monitors and AX8.

Sometimes through accident I'll lose power on the AX8.
I notice a moderately-plus loud pop from speaker.

I'm worried about damage to my speakers.
The CLR manual says it is "equipped with special features designed
to minimize driver damage due to operation at
excessive levels".

I usually keep my CLR input volume on max, the output volume about 1/3,
the AX8 volume on 1/4.

How worried do I need to be? Is there anything I can do to protect myself better?

Always turn ON you AX8 1st while your speakers are OFF.

If you lose power to your AX8 & not your Powered Speakers, turn off the powered speakers1st, then turn back ON your AX8, followed by turning back ON the powered speakers.

When you shut your rig down each time, start with the Powered Speakers 1st & then the AX8 unit.

The order you turn everything On/Off is the real key here.

X

Last edited:
Yes, I do all that already.
The problem is accidents happen, for example, my singer bumped off my AX8 dancing around stage.
I'm curious if anyone really knows how much damage that kind of stuff really does or ways to prevent that damage.

I'd recommend attaching your power cable to your pedal board (if you have one) so the strain of pulling the cable does not go on the connector or receptacle.

I had a dog house built for my AX-8 pedal board to get locking connectors for audio and power.

Here's what it looks like.

IMG-6310.JPG

Last edited:
Yes, I do all that already.
The problem is accidents happen, for example, my singer bumped off my AX8 dancing around stage.
I'm curious if anyone really knows how much damage that kind of stuff really does or ways to prevent that damage.
Get a new singer? :p

This happening a few times does nothing over-all, but I wouldn’t do it daily! ;)

X

PS - Tell your singer to stop dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld on stage too!

Yes, the cable was pulled out from the AX8.

I got a more helpful response from another forum suggesting a Peak Limiter such as the Dominator II.
Also apparently some monitors like mine have a built in limiter.

Get a new singer? :p

This happening a few times does nothing over-all, but I wouldn’t do it daily! ;)

X

PS - Tell your singer to stop dancing like Elaine from Seinfeld on stage too!

Thanks for opinion. I don't do daily for sure, happens once maybe every several weeks, but certainly isn't a good thing.

Back
Top Bottom