• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Power Engine + coaxial speaker as frfr solution?

Has anyone tried this combination? I remember reading about someone who was satisfied with the results.

I mean changing the internal speaker for a coaxial one, beyma or similar.

vairish

This is something I'd love to try. As a cheap experiment I threw a Eminence Beta 12LTA coax speaker into an old Orange 1x12 cab I had lying around and I love it, far nicer than the DB Opera m412 monitor I used to use. Really sounds and feels like a proper guitar cab. I would love to try the Eminence with a Power Engine, then I could reduce my setup to the cab and a single 2u rack :)

CodePoet

Power User
I have 2 Power Engine 60s and I swapped the speakers out with Beyma 12GA50s and it sounds great as a FRFR-type speaker (I don't know how close it gets to true FRFR, but the speaker is pretty flat across the freqs). My piezo output sounds great through it as well - was very lacking in high end with the original PE60 Seventy80 speakers.

Top Bottom