Power conditioners make sense on paper, but who here has noticed the before and after difference?

Sorenspete

Inspired
Title.

I like the idea of feeding my Fractal and the Fryette 'purified' mains power, but it would be lame to spend 800 NZD on a Furman and fail to notice any improvement. I don't know if it's to do with New Zealand using 230v mains power, but I've never had anything fry and we don't get ball lightning or anything crazy in the hilly area I live in. Still, it would serve peace of mind.

Our rig is powered by a Furman P-1800 AR Voltage Regulator / Power Conditioner, with the main objective: not to ever notice any difference!

We've seen some crappy power situations before (e.g. significant voltage sag), so it's just insurance against something that might not be handled well on a sustained basis by the local power supplies within our equipment. We also keep a cheap UPS driving any components that have significant 'boot time', so a transient power loss doesn't cause more than a short audible blip.

(But I don't think it would have helped that time years ago when the B3 played out of tune thanks to the variations in the outdoor generator's failure to hold 60Hz LOL)

Back
Top Bottom