Power Conditioner saves the day!

mgavin

Experienced
just had my first power outtage while jamming on the axe fx II! man that was nerve racking/ lucky I had my axe II and my atomic active wedge plugged into a furman PL-Plus DMC which isn't the most expensive power conditioner out there, it was like 300 bucks i believe..... but i did hear that atomic amp crack or pop real loud but i'm assuming the furman absorbed what ever happened. power is back on now, and all is working fine. still kind of scary though..... i would be devastated if the power just went out and my equipment never turned on again! :D

I'm not at all convinced with these devices. When other equipment in your house/venue gets fried but the stuff plugged into the power conditioner doesn't, then you know it worked. If nothing happens, it doesn't prove anything IMHO. I believe they can be effective in minimising "medium level" spikes that *might* be harmful to connected gear.

Reactions: jon
... but i did hear that atomic amp crack or pop real loud but i'm assuming the furman absorbed what ever happened. power is back on now, and all is working fine.
The pop was probably the Axe II shutting down while the Atomic still had juice in the caps. If the Furman let a big spike through it's time to replace it.

the power just cut so i'm not sure what a spike would sound like or would happen, i'm just assuming they wouldn't turn on again...? gm you're right but i'd rather be safe than sorry....

yea, which made me get a surge protector instead when my power conditioner went bad one day. I thought to myself, that it doesn't really do much more than a power strip, and it's a precious 1U that I can use for something more important. I know that it will also help with varying voltages, but I have not had many encounters where this was a concern. I do electrical by profession, and the only time I notice huge power fluctuations is when some large inductive load or something like that comes on.....otherwise I've hardly observed anything that would warrant an expensive, heavy power conditioner.

Feel free to pick me apart on that tho. Some might have experiences where the power conditioner saved them. Would still likely have been against surges, which a surge protector should do just as well.

Back
Top Bottom