Power amps

caljoe

Hello, I'm new here and I'm starting my Fractal quest for gear and I need a good power amp.
I did a forum search and couldn't find any posts newer than 2013. So I figured I'd throw this out there to get the latest info.
So my question is, which power amps are you guys using these days?
I hear good things about the Matrix and I'm thing about getting the GT1000FX-2U, I just need to know if there is a better option and what the masses are using. Thanks

Read the amps and cabs sub-forum here. That is the entire purpose of that area of the board. Lots of power amps work well since a clean, accurate amp is the only real requirement for the AxeFx.

Hello, ...
I hear good things about the Matrix and I'm thing about getting the GT1000FX-2U, I just need to know if there is a better option and what the masses are using. Thanks

I run that very amp - into 2 2x12 freidman cabs and love getting it. Plenty of juice, thump and moves air in a hurry:)

Thanks I'll check that out.

I'll be running it through a 4x12 with V30's until i get some FRFR cab's, I like moving air:)

@caljoe, I run my AF2 through a GT15000FXBD in to a 4x12 and it sounds well weapon. When it come to standing up to the traditional amps, it finishes the fight.

@caljoe, I run my AF2 through a GT15000FXBD in to a 4x12 and it sounds well weapon. When it come to standing up to the traditional amps, it finishes the fight.

Thanks, I've thought about going with that one also, I just don't know if I need all that power:eek:
But then again, can you ever have too much power:D

Hello, I'm new here and I'm starting my Fractal quest for gear and I need a good power amp.
I did a forum search and couldn't find any posts newer than 2013. So I figured I'd throw this out there to get the latest info.
So my question is, which power amps are you guys using these days?
I have used carvin ts100 stereo tube amp. Its a great sounding amp. I ran it through my marshall cab. I also used a Carvin HD1500 ss amp through the marshall cab and through two 2x12s. Both setups sounded killer. Here is a little demo

I also used an atomic clr, again nice sounding. Always in search of ya know...lol

I have used carvin ts100 stereo tube amp. Its a great sounding amp. I ran it through my marshall cab. I also used a Carvin HD1500 ss amp through the marshall cab and through two 2x12s. Both setups sounded killer. Here is a little demo

I also used an atomic clr, again nice sounding. Always in search of ya know...lol

It all sounded good, thanks.

Nice, I'm kicking that idea around myself
I find the NL212 extends quite far into the high frequencies, which I believe mainly due to the speakers Matrix use. IMO this extra high frequency content isn't really useful in a band context and can sound fizzy, so I just pull out 16khz on my Output EQ.

Other than that, for a small lightweight 2x12 this cab sounds freaking huge paired with the GT1000FX !

Cool thanks for the input guys, I think I'm going to go ahead and get the GT1000FX, it seems to be a good match for the Axe FX. I talked to the Matrix guy at the California shop and he said the same thing;)

Back
Top Bottom