Power Amp Suggestions

Does anyone use a Carvin power amp with their Axe unit and are there other power amps that you would suggest using? I am looking for a new power amp. Thanks for any help

I use a Carvin DCM1540L power amp through regular guitar cabs. These are class AB amps and work quite well.

I use it thru a Mesa 2:90 with great results, lot of byte and power. I for me and my sound are very happy with that setup/poweramp.
You can have different voicings of the Amp by using the Jacks on the back (modern, normal, deep), so quite versatile.

I use a DCM200L with regular cabs and I really like it. 1U, no fan and cheap. If you don't need a ton of power it may work for you.

I use an ART SLA-2 with my AxeFx II XL. For me it has a great sound
I used one before I got my Matrix GT800FX. The sound was really good, but weight is ludicrous if you have to move it around frequently, and it only has banana plug speaker connections.

I started off with a Carvin DCM 200L and now use Matrix. Honestly in terms of sound quality they are both pretty much equal. The Matrix is just a lot more powerful.

There is a huge price difference between the Carvin DCM2000 and the Matrix gear.
There was no mention of a budget, op just asked for power amp suggestions. I have the Matrix GT1000FX and recommend it! But i also use an EHX Magnum 44 and like it too!

I've used four Carvin power amps over the years with my Axe-Fx and the only problem I've ever had was not enough power in the DCM200L,

Carvin HD 3000 are on sale now on their website for 300 bucks. Stereo and very lightweight..anybody have experience with them?

Carvin HD 3000 are on sale now on their website for 300 bucks. Stereo and very lightweight..anybody have experience with them?
That's a great deal, if I needed a poweramp right now I'd jump on that. I get the sense they're clearing them out for a new product line (I could be wrong). I've got the HD 1500 and they're great sounding and your not going to beat that deal anywhere.

Agreed about the Carvin DCM200L. Good tone, just not enough power for my general live use. Have run w/ a Matrix GT800 ever since and am quite happy. But Matrix are certainly more expensive; that Carvin HD3000 may also be a good option for you. If I was looking I'd probably try one of those.

I messed around with a few $200-300 price point amps with my Kemper. Then I got a Matrix 1u and have never looked back. It works even BETTER with my Axe XL+.

Back
Top Bottom