power amp settings ?

rectifier

Inspired
when different amp sims are selected does the power amp settings automatic change for that amp or do they stay the same?.....where do you start for a fresh patch?...cant seem to create one in the blank patches...doing something wrong apparently..

I don't have my ultra here but I think they stay the same..you mean if you have a preset set up and just want to change amp model right?

Do you have a blank preset and can't insert any blocks in it? Is that the problem?

yea thats correct,,,say if you tweak a preset and change an amp sim from a jcm to a recto..the power amp sims stay the same or do they change per amp sim....
and for the blank.. i think i got it to working now.

nevermind i cant get a blank preset to work..after adding an amp block ect,i get no sound..what am i doing wrong?...or is it better to just tweak a factory preset.?

You should first run a row of shunts from the input to the output. Put a shunt on the first block of the chain and hold enter until you have a row of shunts from the input to the output. You should hear your dry guitar now. Then start changing the shunts to amp blocks etc.

Some amp settings change when you change the amp model - others stay.
(It's explained in the wiki).
To reset the amp modul to default values - press and hold bypass for some seconds.

Yea, just tested. I was wrong, of course they change. Sag settings and other poweramp settings do change when scrolling through amp models. Each model has its own power amp settings.

If you want the settings for a given amp model to stay the same/change the default settings, you could check out the "global amp" settings.

And yeah, there must be shunts connecting everything in the matrix. You could think of them as virtual cables (i know, i know, they're technically not like cables).

Check out this: http://axefxwiki.guitarlogic.org/index.php?title=Axe-Fx_Wiki_Manual#Editing

thanks for the help guys,,i was adding a shunt then an amp sim...so i added the shunts all across like suggested and now its working thanks.

rectifier said:
thanks for the help guys,,i was adding a shunt then an amp sim...so i added the shunts all across like suggested and now its working thanks.

Yea, input must be connected to output. You can place amp wherever you want, it doesnt have to be the first block, you can have shunts before it.

thanks for the help.. this thing is smoking now....im in slo heaven....im also glad i got the standard..i would have never used all the extra stuff...there is plenty in the standard..im very happy... :D

rectifier said:
thanks for the help.. this thing is smoking now....im in slo heaven....im also glad i got the standard..i would have never used all the extra stuff...there is plenty in the standard..im very happy... :D

Glad you like it. Did the rectifiers turn out the way you hoped? Didn't you ask about those in a thread?

Yea the Standard is probably a good choice then. CPU- wise I could probably do fine with the standard, but I need some of the misc effects in the ULTRA. Thats why I got it.

As far as I remember the following settings stay the same when switching amp models:
- EQ
- master volume
- Volume of amp block
- gain (but not boost)

Back
Top Bottom