Power amp made by Fractal Audio with some special features

DLC86

Fractal Fanatic
Had this idea a while ago but I had almost forgot it.

Wouldn't be cool a rack power amp made by fractal (so it surely will be top notch quality) which can automatically measure the impedance curve of a connected cab and display the values to put in the speaker page of the amp block on the axe fx?

Would be cool no doubt, but also sounds like it would be quite expensive, and as such, have a pretty limited market appeal, for what already could be viewed as something of a niche product. Low sales volume, very high quality = $$$

They could put out the best power amp in the business, but the overall R+D, component sourcing, production, lead times, distribution et al., could likely make it a money loser, not a money maker.

Would be cool no doubt, but also sounds like it would be quite expensive, and as such, have a pretty limited market appeal, for what already could be viewed as something of a niche product. Low sales volume, very high quality = $$$

They could put out the best power amp in the business, but the overall R+D, component sourcing, production, lead times, distribution et al., could likely make it a money loser, not a money maker.
I don't know, I'm not a market expert, just shared the idea :)

In the military, we have "sensing sessions" set up by the commander. He or she wants our honest opinions and feedback regarding the command climate, but anything you say is immediately met with the reason why what you're saying won't work or why you're wrong for thinking a certain way. That's what this wish list board reminds me of sometimes. There should be a separate wish list board for "would be cool, but probably not gonna happen" items :D

In all seriousness though, yeah; it would be an incredibly niche product. I love the idea, though! I think it's only a matter of time before what you're suggesting makes it's way into more and more power amps - with two-way communication between the cab and amp!

In the military, we have "sensing sessions" set up by the commander. He or she wants our honest opinions and feedback regarding the command climate, but anything you say is immediately met with the reason why what you're saying won't work or why you're wrong for thinking a certain way. That's what this wish list board reminds me of sometimes.
The difference is, we're not commanders. Just folks like you who, just like you, have opinions of their own. :)

Also, some of the wishes that have been floated lately have been hashed over in the forum years ago, over multiple instances. Still, wish as ye will wish. That's totally valid. :yum:

Back
Top Bottom