Power amp and real cab users question

It depends. I use two cabinets and a stereo power amp in my home rig so I can run my presets in glorious stereo. I exclusively go direct and use IEMs for playing live. We run a silent stage, so cabs aren’t an option. If I were to use the power amp and cabinet live I’d only bring one and then run mono.

An alternative option would be to run one cab in mono and then also do direct to the board in stereo. The FM9 gives you tons of options.

It depends. I use two cabinets and a stereo power amp in my home rig so I can run my presets in glorious stereo. I exclusively go direct and use IEMs for playing live. We run a silent stage, so cabs aren’t an option. If I were to use the power amp and cabinet live I’d only bring one and then run mono.

An alternative option would be to run one cab in mono and then also do direct to the board in stereo. The FM9 gives you tons of options.
sooo if you did bring one cab and run mono then, how would your preset change? Would you build an entirely separate one or just switch the output to sum L/R?

In understand this is preference because there are multiple ways to accomplish a similar mini result, I’m just asking you personally now.

sooo if you did bring one cab and run mono then, how would your preset change? Would you build an entirely separate one or just switch the output to sum L/R?

In understand this is preference because there are multiple ways to accomplish a similar mini result, I’m just asking you personally now.

I run mono currently anyway because the sound board isn’t well setup for stereo operation (all of the stereo inputs are occupied by higher priority uses). Also, the wireless IEM system we use is mono.

I’d suggest building a clone of your presets specifically for use with the cabinet. Simply summing L/R to mono doesn’t work well for all effect types. It may be fine for your particular effects chain, so give it a try before deciding.

Back
Top Bottom