Post Your Rig!

Nice rig, but wondering why you've got your panel on the top ? All the wires have to hang down over the front of the Axe, which seems like it would block visibility and button access ?

Finally, what is that bag for your MFC and pedals ? It looks awesome and just what I've been wanting!

This is the best way to configure the axe for my live setup. I'll snap a photo next time I play and it will make sense.

Cheers!

Last edited:
Very cool bag, not cheap, but seems like it would be great for a MFC and 3 EXP pedals like I use. In fact seems like it would work better for that purpose than for DJ gear lol

Out of curiosity Archimedes, how are you using your Pitchblack rack ? I have mine setup where I'm using output 2 and the FX loop send block. Not ideal in some ways, but it allows for easy muting, and beats having to walk over to hit the bypass button, and/or run through the tuner, which likely has some tone suck.

Thought of using the second out of my wireless system, but then the tuner would always be active, unless it was bypassed, and I don't want to run another cable for a footswitch.

So to date, "best" option has been using the FX loop send, which can be toggled via the MFC, but I do then lose a set of outputs

Yea, there seems no perfect way to integrate the pitch-black tuner, or any rack mount tuner for that matter. I use the pitch-black tuner before the gig and switch to using the MFC tuner while playing. I also like the fact that the pitch-black unit has a cable tester. That can be handy. Other than that not much use.. At least it only cost me $85.00

Hey guys, this is my first post here! I don't have an AxeFX as of yet, I will be purchasing an MFC101 in the next few weeks I believe. I figured my first post should be my rig. Don't strain your back looking at it.. Its a pretty simple straight forward rig. It goes from the guitar to the Wireless, to the rack wah unit, into the GCX for the pedals. In those loops are an MXR overdrive, a Phase 90, an EVH Flanger, and a Whammy. From there its noise gate to amp. And then in the loop of the amp is the Gmajor and the noise gate again. I'm controlling the channels on the amp with a Voodoo Lab control switcher and its all getting powered by a Furman power conditioner and a couple of Pedal Powers (the Pedal Power 2 and an ISO-5).

In the works right now as I mentioned before are a new foot controller because the Ground Control Pro doesn't quite do everything I want it to now. Don't get me wrong its awesome, but Ive been eye balling the Fractal controller for a while now. Also possibly planning on adding a Timefactor and Modfactor and some kind of harmonizer. I HAVE been thinking of adding an AxeFX to the fold thought. I thought I could replace the Gmajor with that and rework the rack a little to accommodate for the extra space needed.

I got the case made by Crown Cases in Charlotte and those lovely labels were courtesy of GigWrx. I couldn't say anything negative about either company. The level of quality and customer service is fantastic.

IMG_0557.jpg

IMG_0560.jpg

IMG_0561.jpg

IMG_0550.jpg

IMG_0552.jpg

IMG_0568.jpg

IMG_0569.jpg

I even got some extra labels for when I get my MFC101 next month :)

Hey Broadslab,
Thanks for the kind words and welcome to the forum!
Rig looks pretty bad ass! Just FYI, the Axe Fx II could replace the G Major, but also the Time Factor and Modfactor you're thinking of getting. ......and the Phase 90, EVH Flanger, gate, ........and EVH 5150[emoji4]
That would leave you with plenty of $ for Axe II, MFC, and just about any FRFR monitor or Power Amp/Cab you wanted, especially after selling that custom rack!
No chiropractic bill from moving that rig either [emoji3]

Gotta say, your rig looks and must sound AWESOME though!!

Sent from my iPhone

I see these Korg Pitch-black more often now, anyone can say how are they compared to the DTR2000?
Thanks.

Cheaper build quality, very light and plastic, even the rack ears are semi-transparent plastic. Very large display though that is easy to see, even in bright light, and certainly looks cool. 1 cent accuracy so really nothing better than your typical pedal board tuner, which is really all these things are. Not bad for the price though, can only expect so much for $99 brand new I suppose.

Few gripes I have with it is that you have to hit the power button every time, can't just leave it turned on and power it up with the rack, and the power supply AC adapter is rather large and can be a real issue fitting into a power conditioner if you have a deeper unit below it. Really should of been a line lump style, or maybe have a rotated plug. Just not very smart thinking for a product designed for rack mount.

I feel like mine bows out slightly in the middle, I don't know if that is just the design, perhaps helping viewing at an angle, or its due to some flexing in the rack. Again, these things are very cheap feeling plastic. Super light though, and only about 2" deep. Does the job well enough, but in the tuning mode 1, the "needle" mode, I feel it could be a little more accurate, or have a wider range of movement. You get close in tuning and the blue marker gets so close to the green center one its hard to tell quite if your in tune. I would like more tuning resolution so that a few cents off would be maybe an inch away from center, if that makes sense.

I do like the visibility but might end up just going back to the Axe tuner

_DSC4746.jpg

My homerecording rig.....were "extreme digital" becomes a true statement! :)

The other two guys were: MetricHalo ULN2+DSP (Legacy Box from 2004), SSL Duende (128 Channel Version with all X-Code PlugIns installed!)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom