Post Your Killer Dyna-Cab Setting!

Yes, that's about how I feel. Instead of high cuts, I just move the mic farther off center. Instead of low cuts, I just move the mic farther away.
That's very true but it would be cool to an analyzer showing where your highs and lows actually are if you adjust it that way. I guess you could see in a DAW with some plug-in software.

Truly but almost expectedly exciting! Big step forward, I think, with even bigger steps to come.

Does everyone has ever recorded something yet to compare?

I read a lot of things but didn’t hear anything or any comparison with the now legacy cab block, except a small Leon Todd video.

Curious about how you guys are taming low end with these. I know you can pull that mic back, but that doesn't really do it and introduces too much room for my taste. Are you guys using low cuts? I'm finding I typically have to low cut the mics and the preamp stage all around 80hz ish, or just do the preamp at around 100hz or more with a 6db per octave. Just curious how you guys are finding the low end. I'm coming from York Audio and have grown quite accustomed to that flavor. These dyna cabs are awesome though-- don't misunderstand. SUPER musical and 3D. I just find they don't quite have the perceived upper mid midrange (800 to 2k ish) and sound more full range, so I'm curious how you guys are dialing them in and running them. :)

EDIT: I hear more of the lower mids I think in general in these cabs (perhaps the 200 - 400hz ish type stuff; could be off but trying to describe it). Please don't misunderstand though. This is pretty darn fantastic sounding! I just feel like they have more of a tilt towards the low end with lots of sizzle in their flavor. I DO however find it kind of neat by time aligning them, and that sounds super cool! For example, if I'm using a dynamic at 4.25 on the distance and a ribbon at 4 on the distance, I'll delay the ribbon by 0.25 and that seems to smooth the top end a bit and reminds me of how that would really sound not perfectly phase aligned. Kinda neat!

Last edited:
I'm gonna wait for the final release before i play around but I am really excited to have Friedman cab sound like how I want it to :)
I was gonna wait as well, but I get to impatient lol. I run the HBE and always used OH Friedman cabs, I wanted to give these a shot and see running the GB and V30 to me sounds better right now to what I was using a little more dialed in to me.

I use my ears but I like eye candy too. The DC screen is cool looking on the Axe. Just added the RTA block thanks to you guys.

Back
Top Bottom