Post your grid

exleper

Inspired
If some of you fractal wizards wouldn't mind posting pics of your grid layout, we would appreciate it! I am interested to see what some stage tested patches look like.

1300grid.png

HOW???
I just DL'd your presets, btw, and plan on trying them out ASAP. Thanks for that!

For example, the Pedal 2 type compressor (instead of Studio) and Spring Reverb use less CPU than others.
And the UltraRes cab mode uses less CPU than HiRes.

This is a typical grid layout. CPU is around 90%. FW 13 only changed the CABs. 12.4 allowed me to remove a PEQ which peaked the mids

Attachments

• Bassman layout.JPG
    Bassman layout.JPG
    41.1 KB · Views: 76
Also, with scenes and separate presets, 'all in one' presets are not necessary. Nice that we have that power, but I would say that most gigging folks don't bother with a crazed amount of presets and FX.

And 'stage tested' is a misnomer. I've played plenty of gig songs where my chain was nothing more than AMP-CAB with a drive in front, some light 'verb, and *maybe* a delay in there if I was feeling it. I tend to not need alot, and use fingers, volume knob, and pick position (but I tend to be singing, playing guitar, Piano, and maybe the acoustic in a single song...I get bored, what can I say.) Yek's presets are cool in that they have so much flexibility, you might be able to stay on one preset the whole night.

I consider many of the presets to be 'stage tested' in that they are designed to go FRFR. You might have to 'dry' them out a bit on 'verb, chorus, etc, and tweak for your style or guitar, but (I believe) they are designed to work like a standard chain that accents a guitarist's standpoint (delay in series, etc.)

There's no *right* way. Try a few and find out what works best. Mine is keeping it simple in case I have to futz with something in between songs.

R

YMMV, IMO, smiley face, all that shite.

Reactions: yek
Dude, nice and clean. Did FW13 change these much?

They use less CPU with UltraRes IRs but that's about it. I've got a new set of gig patches different from these now in terms of AMP/CAB combinations but still laid out the same way.

I'm certainly not a wizard, but here is my grid that I use live for about 80% of our songs. It uses 82% memory, and I haven't switched over to the ultra cabs, yet.

(Yes, YEK, I hooked up the wah! I just figured out the send/return blocks, so I can leave my newly added compressor to the grid.)

I use all 8 scenes for this one - that is why you see 2 drives - I X/Y both of them - the first one is used the most for classic rock stuff, and the 2nd drive is used for more of the 80's metal - same sound, just more overdrive on the rhythm and lead tones. I also have a clean sound on this one that I can quickly switch back and forth from. Scenes make the AXE II perfect for live performance.

My Grid.jpg

Reactions: yek
Back
Top Bottom