Post your Eric Johnson kind of tones here !!!

My EJ patch

To my ear, this isn't bad for EJ tones.
Because of the AxeEdit issues etc, I'm not sure if this patch is exactly what I am using in my Axe
right now.

This patch has the clean,lead tone and fuzz (scenes 1,2,3) and then
louder lead and fuzz for scenes 4 and 5.

I use a Matrix GT800 + EV speakers with cab sims "on". Really interested as to how this sounds on
a different Axe setup? Good, not so good?

Attachments

• EJ TM 10.6.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 25
The patch that I posted is cleaner/clearer and generally less saturated with effects (all scenes) than the tone you posted. The tone that you posted is
most similar to scene 3 and 5 of the preset I attached. I tone matched it originally from the 88 ACL performance.

To my ear, this isn't bad for EJ tones.
Because of the AxeEdit issues etc, I'm not sure if this patch is exactly what I am using in my Axe
right now.

This patch has the clean,lead tone and fuzz (scenes 1,2,3) and then
louder lead and fuzz for scenes 4 and 5.

I use a Matrix GT800 + EV speakers with cab sims "on". Really interested as to how this sounds on
a different Axe setup? Good, not so good?
I tried yours, and the clean sounds pretty cool but the scene 2 and 3 sounds really bad to me ... like, cab off or something like that, I mean my fault, not yours but not sure why,... ... but the clean is cool !!!

hmmm; The TM block would apply to every scene except the clean sound, scene 1. I wonder if the TM block is corrupt/disabled for some reason?
It sounds good on my Axe. I'm running firmware 11 now and I've changed the patch a bit. I can send that version 11 patch later if you're
also running version 11.

hmmm; The TM block would apply to every scene except the clean sound, scene 1. I wonder if the TM block is corrupt/disabled for some reason?
It sounds good on my Axe. I'm running firmware 11 now and I've changed the patch a bit. I can send that version 11 patch later if you're
also running version 11.
will take a look to the tone match block :)

Take two; reworked lots

Let me know if this one is any better for you.

Attachments

• EJ TM 11.0 V2.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 27
Back
Top Bottom