Post Your Axe-Fx III Rigs Here!

Here is my live rig right now:
IEM/Gtr Wireless at the top - interface links to Mac (running Ableton playing backings/set). Although the pedalboard is onstage, I do not touch it (apart from wah in 1-song). Midi triggers all patch/scene/automation changes (sync'd with light/vid/backings etc) and also the tuner/mute on/off.💜6B2B9A09-DCFF-4446-9501-1C7CEE68E600.jpg5E620A11-7A7F-4448-8383-C82CDD3E9B6F.jpgD4454528-0057-465C-8F8F-48D6CFB8B1A0.jpg

Here is my live rig right now:
IEM/Gtr Wireless at the top - interface links to Mac (running Ableton playing backings/set). Although the pedalboard is onstage, I do not touch it (apart from wah in 1-song). Midi triggers all patch/scene/automation changes (sync'd with light/vid/backings etc) and also the tuner/mute on/off.💜View attachment 136858View attachment 136859View attachment 136860
That patch title on the FC6 makes me think of Toad the Wet Sprocket.

Part of my setup here. Everything's hooked up via Dante, and I run the AxeFX IIIs as inserts. My guitars go into the DIs, hit a Digiface Dante which sends them out to the right unit, then back. It's definitely unconventional, but it works beautifully. 100% digital signal path from the back of those Radial DIs all the way to my Genelec 8331s. Makes reamping a breeze since I can process 4 DI tracks at the same time and don't have to worry about whether the DI is going back into the AxeFX in a different way than when I first tracked it!

That network switch isn't loaded up yet, but it's a 42U rack and that can use up quite a few ports when I finish building it out!

IMG_1967.JPG

Part of my setup here. Everything's hooked up via Dante, and I run the AxeFX IIIs as inserts. My guitars go into the DIs, hit a Digiface Dante which sends them out to the right unit, then back. It's definitely unconventional, but it works beautifully. 100% digital signal path from the back of those Radial DIs all the way to my Genelec 8331s. Makes reamping a breeze since I can process 4 DI tracks at the same time and don't have to worry about whether the DI is going back into the AxeFX in a different way than when I first tracked it!

What are you using to convert between Dante and (I assume) AES for the Fractal?

Nice. Had any problems with them?
They've been incredibly reliable. I have once or twice had a network hiccup cause a blip of a dropout, but that's so rare that I seem to forget it happens. Prior to this setup I was doing a hybrid analog/Dante thing with a Red 8Pre. The Red was super reliable too, as you'd expect from that line of gear, but even then, less reliable and certainly less flexible than this pure Dante setup.

They've been incredibly reliable. I have once or twice had a network hiccup cause a blip of a dropout, but that's so rare that I seem to forget it happens. Prior to this setup I was doing a hybrid analog/Dante thing with a Red 8Pre. The Red was super reliable too, as you'd expect from that line of gear, but even then, less reliable and certainly less flexible than this pure Dante setup.

Awesome. The thought has crossed my mind that pretty much everything in my setup would be simpler with Dante, but it would basically require a handful of those Audinate "adapters" to work well.

Back
Top Bottom