Post number 251

MrGuitarabuse

Fractal Fanatic
I just had to post this thread, simply because I just noticed I had 250 posts on this forum. Now, 250 in chinese is a "bad" word. That whats you call someone stupid (二百五).
So posting this skipping me fast to 251.

Other number that Chinese people avoid is the number 4 because its sounds similar to "death" in chinese. So in my building there is no 4th floor. 1, 2, 3, 3a, 5.. etc

I was then curious about if there are any smiliar stuff related to numbers in other languages or parts of the world? Feel free to enlighten me on this part. At least I escaped no 250 now so Im safe ;)

Last edited:
Reactions: jon
LOL I was watching a day[9] daily some time ago and he mentioned while in Singapore that there was a floor that was missed too, can't remember which one. Was considered bad luck so they skipped it. No such number here that I know of (caribbean) but people here seem to not like even numbers :/

LOL I was watching a day[9] daily some time ago and he mentioned while in Singapore that there was a floor that was missed too, can't remember which one. Was considered bad luck so they skipped it. No such number here that I know of (caribbean) but people here seem to not like even numbers :/

Yea, singapore can be very much the same, even very mixed, lots of chinese history and influence there. Been there a few times but cant remember regarding the buildings.

perhaps the Metal players would like the name of Axe Fx IV ;) ?

jon - just noticed your post as I posted this ....great minds think alike :p

Hope you don't own a matrix - its 250W into 8ohm! :lol

Hope you don't play with a 412 can either! :lol

haha.. good one.

Then you can put 514 together, which similar to "I wanna die",
then you have 519 that is similar to "I want alcohol".

519 is also the future name of my bar in Hong Kong if I ever earn enough money to start one ;)

Edit: just to make it clear, in these cases 514 and 519 should be read "five-one-four" "five-one-nine" or "wu-yao-si" "wu-yao-jiu" in chinese

Last edited:
haha.. good one.

Then you can put 514 together, which similar to "I wanna die",
then you have 519 that is similar to "I want alcohol".

519 is also the future name of my bar in Hong Kong if I ever earn enough money to start one ;)

Edit: just to make it clear, in these cases 514 and 519 should be read "five-one-four" "five-one-nine" or "wu-yao-si" "wu-yao-jiu" in chinese

ming bai !

Back
Top Bottom