Possible to monitor guitar only through speakers - rest of sound headphones?

Synchronicity

Inspired
Hi there guys

Just wondering if anyone knows if its possible (a friend of mine said it should be) to have just the pure Axe FX II guitar tone monitored through speakers (so I can get the speaker>guitar interaction) but the rest of the sound coming from the computer audible through headphones, (while recording in a DAW, project tracks etc...) preferably with the axe fx guitar sound also included with that.

So to try and simplify it.

Guitar Tone > Speakers
Guitar Tone + Computer sound > Headphones

I am connecting via USB also.

Many thanks, hope everyone had a nice New Year.

Well, I'm not sure. There are two inputs, and I think you can assign the USB input to 1 or 2. You could send output 2 to the speakers, and I believe the headphones mirror output 1. I'm pretty sure you could send one to the speakers and one to the headphones (by mapping in 1 to out 1, in 2 to out 2) but I don't know if you can split one but not the other. In short... I don't know.

One option, although not free is that for $99 you can buy this: http://www.sweetwater.com/store/detail/MX882

That's what I use, and I can mix my guitar, vocals, and a music source like a backing track out to my CLR's any way I want. You would not use USB in this setup though for the music audio, you would use the computer headphone out.

I/O: Audio menu: Output 2 Echo = Output 1

Connect Output 2 to speakers

Great thanks very much for that :) I'm currently waiting on getting a poweramp for my passive monitor speakers and only have use of my normal PC speakers as of yet, do you think they would be ok to be plugged into output 2 (left channel I presume?) via a 3.5mm to 1/4" jack adapter? Thanks again!

Great thanks very much for that :) I'm currently waiting on getting a poweramp for my passive monitor speakers and only have use of my normal PC speakers as of yet, do you think they would be ok to be plugged into output 2 (left channel I presume?) via a 3.5mm to 1/4" jack adapter? Thanks again!

That might only get signal to one speaker, but it won't hurt anything. Ideally you'd want an adapter for L+R 1/4" to 3.5mm stereo.

Back
Top Bottom