Possible to Connect Fractal II Straight into Laptop for Recording?

darrenw5094

Certified Bug Hunter
The recording and Protools thing always got me. I could never get anything right.

Anyway, is it possible to connect the Axe FXII straight to my laptop and get a signal through the internal speakers? I want to do some rough recordings in Sonoma Wireworks RiffWorks software. I already installed the driver software in the fractal support page.

The software is in the below vid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qBwwyVMW2E

I might be wrong but you wouldn't be able to use your laptop internal speakers. Your axe fx would become your sound card. You can still hear it via headphones.

You could probably do it on a Mac using some kind of aggregate sound card. I have read about this, but never done it myself.

Looks like i might need some external soundcard box thingy, like the protools m-box.

I would prefer to use the Fractal than the Amplitube digital software.

Well the only reason there is a problem is your line about "[...]and get a signal through the internal speakers". This will be a problem with any external sound card; Fractal, M-box or whatever. Apart from that, the AXE will be perfect for recording guitar to a laptop. I do it all the time :)

How much latency, when going direct ? I use a Ultra into a M-audio PCI 24/96 soundcard, and would love to have less latency.

Plug in your Axe using USB and install the drivers.
Plug speakers / headphones into Axe.
Configure your recording software to use the Axe as the input/output.
Control volume first at the output level in your software and then at the output level of the Axe.

For me...I turn off monitoring in my software. I hear everything from the track outputs.
I am running Reaper on a laptop to use when I practice learning cover tunes or recording scratch riffs for my original band.

You could probably do it on a Mac using some kind of aggregate sound card. I have read about this, but never done it myself.
Yep, this works.
Just remember, you can only record at 48kHz/24-bit though because the axe has a fixed sample-rate and bit-depth. I got bit by this trying to use the Axe straight into a laptop to re-do some parts on a project.

Back
Top Bottom