Possible Stolen Axe Fx II XL: Memphis TN

Cody Landers

I got a phone call from a buddy today saying that he had received a suspicious phone call from a guy wanting to sell a II XL to Guitar Center. The guy knew little to nothing about what it was and said some pretty sketchy things apparently. They turned him away thinking it may have been stolen. He then proceeded to try to sell it to various customers in the parking lot for 100 dollars.... I have the serial number and a picture. The thing is MINT. Looked like it was just taken out of the box. This may not be an appropriate post, especially for a first time poster, but i had to reach out somehow and I figured this would be the best place to do so. If this applies to anyone in the forum, please, please, please reach out to me. I know how sick I would be if mine were stolen.

*NOTE: Not accusing this dude of lifting the thing, but this behavior struck me as incredibly odd*

Thanks,

Cody Landers
aerolithaudio@gmail.com

How awful that would be to have one stolen! The behavior does seem highly suspicious.

How'd you end up getting pics of it? If you have the serial number Fractal Audio should be able to trace it back to the owner.

Maybe saying the location would help? Some people might have their AxeFXs stored in rehearsal rooms or churches etc and would want to check they are still there ...

How awful that would be to have one stolen! The behavior does seem highly suspicious.

How'd you end up getting pics of it? If you have the serial number Fractal Audio should be able to trace it back to the owner.
The guys at Guitar Center sent one to me as soon as it came in the door. I was tempted to go up there and give the guy 100 dollars just to get it out of his hands.

Stolen, no doubt about that. Anyone who bought one knows they could turn it for much more than that in short order. Should have called the PD and have them check into it.

The location is in the subject line;

Possible Stolen Axe Fx II XL: Memphis TN
I've contacted damn near everyone I know how has one in the area and nothing has come up yet. It may not even be stolen. Or I could have come from half-way across the world. There's no way of know
Stolen, no doubt about that. Anyone who bought one knows they could turn it for much more than that in short order. Should have called the PD and have them check into it.
Thats kinda what I thought. Unfortunately they let him walk before they could do anything but they got his (supposed) phone number. I'm kinda the middle man. Just offering up my help in case anyone in the forum may have lost or had one stolen.

Thats kinda what I thought. Unfortunately they let him walk before they could do anything but they got his (supposed) phone number. I'm kinda the middle man. Just offering up my help in case anyone in the forum may have lost or had one stolen.

Great. Maybe they'll call right away if he rolls back in. Hope the owner pops in here. Thanks for your efforts to try to locate the likely victim here.

Send the serial number to FAS tech support with what you have said here. They probably can give you an idea of where it was sold or if anyone has reported it stolen.
I think that's our next order of business. Chances are it's probably in a pawn store somewhere downtown, but we feel better knowing we tried to figure it out. Thanks for the help, everyone!

I know prices of the II dipped a bit since the AX8 release, but 100 bucks?? Do you think he would have taken $75? ;)

Seriously though, you should have just given the guy the $100 and then attempted to find the rightful owner. If no one came forward, you got yourself the deal of a lifetime.

Back
Top Bottom