Bug? Possible Looper Bug causing crash

mitch

Experienced
I haven't tested all possible scenarios, but I think I stumbled upon a bug in the looper on v10. I fully wiped and reset my Axe last night and am running firmware 10 with the new v10 factory banks. I only used Axe Manage to initially load the banks yesterday and have only been using the front panel since then. I don't currently have the MFC101 connected. I have played for several hours and have had no issues at all until I put a looper into one of the presets to help dial some tones.

Steps to recreate:
1. Load v10 factory patch (so far, I've reproduced on #19 Shiver Lead and #20 Euro Uber)
2. Replace compressor block in column 1 with looper block
3. Record a loop for the full length until it starts playback looping
4. Double-click FX BYP to bring up the global block options
5. Press EXIT to cancel out
6. Looper output goes silent and Axe-Fx crashes/restarts within about 10 seconds

The above steps almost always reproduce the crash, although a few times I had to repeat steps 4 and 5 to cause the crash. I don't think this issue is limited to bringing up the global menu though. The first time I observed a crash, I had simply recorded a loop and was making tweaks to amp/cab during playback. I think I just stopped playback and/or bypassed the looper and it crashed. It appears that recording a loop isn't needed to cause the crash....as long as it's in playback mode, it will apparently crash.

Will be interested to know if anyone else can reproduce this. Hope it's just a simple bug, rather than a hardware fault on my particular AxeFx.

Oh...and one more thing I almost forgot to mention.... Holy Shitballs!

Thanks.

when I adjust the End trim, the start trim moves too! I did only spend a minute doing it, but not sure if this is intended.

Bug found and fixed!

The bug only occurs when recording maximum length loops (letting record run until play starts automatically). So feel free to use the Looper with confidence as long as you're not doing that.

I'm sure we'll have a maintenance release with bug fixes out shortly.
That's great news Adam! FYI...one of the times I was verifying the issue, I'm pretty sure I just put the looper into playback without recording anything and it still crashed. Not sure if that case is covered by your fix, but wanted to let you know.

Back
Top Bottom