POSSIBLE? - Hooking Axe Fx to Atomic Wedge and Computer at same time?

JohnRaptor

Inspired
Hi everyone, I've had my AxeFX Ultra for 1 week now and I'm blown away by the power of this thing! Its a tone lovers dream and its possibilities seem endless. I must say It is the single best piece of equipment I've ever bought and I'm learning more about it's greatness everyday. Just today I discovered IR's!

Anyway, I currently have my Ultra hooked up thru my apogee into my imac for direct recording and so far so good. Sounds great but I want to take it further for some serious loud playing and really see what the Ultra can do.

I want to hook it up to a FRFR amp and am thinking of getting an Atomic wedge. I was wondering can I hook the wedge up to the ultra at the same time its hooked into my computer or must I disconnect it from the computer to play thru the amp? If so what connection route should I take?

Also, what is the general consensus here regarding the best power amp to buy to go with an Atomic wedge? I've looked a bit thru the forum but opinions are all over the place. Any help is much appreciated!

Thanks!

You can do both. If you want the same setup going to both, set COPY OUT1 TO OUT2 to ON in the I/O menu.

If you want to feed different signals to each, connect whatever you want to feed to output2 to the input of the FX Loop (leave the output of the FX Loop unconnected).

Since output 1 XLR is balanced, it is the one to use for long distances, like hooking to the house PA. Then you would use output 2 to go to your powered cab. I do the opposite in my practice studio because of what cables I happened to have available.

Back
Top Bottom