Possible dumb question: headphones in mono?

Justinl21

Hi all,
Wondering if there’s a way to make my headphones do mono. I’m using them to set up some presets and don’t want to accidentally set up stereo effects for mono live use later on.

If you were to make your headphones mono then how would you know?

You can probably just set Output 1 Mode to Copy L>R.

That will send the Left signal to the Right as well. This will affect headphones and the Output 1 jacks.

Thanks for the reply. So, copy LR will affect the headphones? I was setting up delays and realized how easy it was to set up a great stereo sound and then have to play live in mono. Just trying to streamline the limited time I have to work on setting up presets…

Thanks for the reply. So, copy LR will affect the headphones? I was setting up delays and realized how easy it was to set up a great stereo sound and then have to play live in mono.
This depends on what "live in mono" means for you.

Will it be collapsed L+R or only L or R (or who knows based on FOH setup)? I think that's the scenario you're wanting to duplicate with headphones, correct?

I'd recommend reading Mono and stereo in the Wiki.

Leave your headphones as stereo, and adjust your preset, or the global settings, to force your output to mono, or, send stereo to FOH and let them make it sound good.

Back
Top Bottom