Possible bug

ChrisCG

Experienced
This is kinda of strange and has never happened to me before. I'm getting a pop when I change from scene 2 to 3 and back. It won't do it if I'm going from 1 to 3 or 2 to 5 only going between 2 and 3. Cpu is in the 86 range. It's Q 1. It happens only on this one preset. Back when I was still in 19 I made Tyler's SRV preset and changing scenes there is fine it is also fine on Burgs trip preset.

I'll upload the preset when I get back home,the amps maybe do not like each other ? Scene 2 is HBE and scene 3 is 5150 III Red. I might try to rebuild it from scratch and see if it's still doing it. Also to note I did all the normal stuff when we get a new major firmware, I refreshed the amp block and definitions in axe edit.

Also I read where Cliff said there was lag if you are changing scenes with the amp block selected, so I clicked into a empty block and it still pops.

Edit: confirmed it does it from HBE to 5150 Red, but not HBE to HBE

also this was a work in progress so check your volume before you turn it up. The levels are noy balanced just yet.

Attachments

• 80's Metal Rig.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:
I am sorry you are getting the click between scene 2 and 3, changing the bypass states to mute cures that. makes the patch sound better to.

Thanks for the tip I'll try that out tomorrow. I have never had this happen before so I just figured it was a new bug. Thanks for the heads up that it is at least normal.

Ok, I guess I have a similar problem.

I have a patch with two amps and two cabs panned hard left, hard right. approximately 50% of the time I switch x-y states of all the amps and cabs via one cc (I have FCB1010 with EurekaProm 1.1) I get a loud pop.

I changed the bypass states tu mute, but still get the pop.

I am on Quantum v.1, I did a system reset on the axe so everything should be at factory default,

Can I get rid of it?

thanks for help guys.

J.

If I understood Paranoid correctly this is a problem that happens and has been going on for a while. My guess is the only way around it is to figure which block is causing the pop and get rid of that block. In my case I think it's an effects block. I re build my patch and when it was just the amps and cab plus shunts it didn't pop changing scenes.

some amps seem to do this when changing x-y, some do not. I really am not sure why this is, but do understand when you change x-y the new amp has to load in the patch. same also happens a lot in the delay effects, but some times changing the bypass state will help this. if you are only using 2 amps, put them parallel and mute bypass from one to the other. or stop input signal before switching the scene.

If I understood Paranoid correctly this is a problem that happens and has been going on for a while. My guess is the only way around it is to figure which block is causing the pop and get rid of that block. In my case I think it's an effects block. I re build my patch and when it was just the amps and cab plus shunts it didn't pop changing scenes.

I took your patch and changed the amp bypass states and this seemed to cure the pop between scenes 2 and 3.

Back
Top Bottom