possible bug with wah

Brian Dixon

Inspired
this has happened the past couple of nights. I'm not sure if it is isolated to a single preset or not as I haven't been playing but a couple different ones lately and only one that even has a wah patch in it. I was playing preset 1 which I think is the double verb and the wah comes on for no reason. I do not have any expression pedals hooked up currently to trigger any auto engaging. I rarely use wah anyway. I haven't had much time to do a lot of troubleshooting on the issue to see what might be triggering it. was curious if anyone else may be having this issue so we can confirm it is an actual bug. Also to note my ax8 was connected via usb to pc so I'm not sure if it could be a bug there also?

the auto engage shouldn't just come on if the expression pedal is not connected right? I will probably hook the pedal back up tonight to see if it comes on at random with it connected. Also note, once it comes on It doesn't seem to be turning back off on it's on but then again after playing a few seconds and it sounding terrible I turn it off via ax8 edit. And if I'm remembering correct bypassing it was not working but actually removing it entirely is what I had to do to turn it off.

when a pedal is not connected the pedal % for that conection goes to 100 so if you programed a wah for auto engage to be off at heel down it will be on when the expression pedal is not connected.

Back
Top Bottom