Bug? Possible Bug w/ Axess Electronics CFX4

Guitrartripp

I'm using program change to switch channels on my Mesa Mark V using an Axess Electronics CFX4. Sometimes, when I go from one preset to another on the MFC101, everything changes, but I only see the amp channel flicker and then go back to the channel it was at. If I hit the same preset button again, it will fully switch. I think I may have seen this on my Eventide Harmonizer as well...

I'm using program change to switch channels on my Mesa Mark V using an Axess Electronics CFX4. Sometimes, when I go from one preset to another on the MFC101, everything changes, but I only see the amp channel flicker and then go back to the channel it was at. If I hit the same preset button again, it will fully switch. I think I may have seen this on my Eventide Harmonizer as well...

This can happen with any midi controlled equipment that does not have proper grounding, if you are not already using a power conditioner that would be the first step in eliminating it, when there is a midi ground problem it will cancel normal messages from being sent, even switching their channels and program numbers, all sorts of anomalies, the symptoms will be exactly what you describe, it will work one time and not the next.
Ground loops can happen from all sorts of things, other cables touching the box that are connected to different types of current for example (AC/DC or if you have several different voltage type of midi devices chained together) basically anything that can send a "shock" to a singers mic, or a guitar players string will effect a midi transmission if it reaches the cable.

In my rig I added a few power conditioners, and midi splitters so that each device get's it's own dedicated feed along with purchasing a few higher end metal ended shielded midi cables and all the anomalies have since ceased.

keep shinin

jerm :ugeek

Back
Top Bottom