Possibilities of midi

Don't know if this has been discussed before but I was wondering has anyone tried a wireless route with midi on the axe fx 2 and if there were stability issues?

To be clear, a midi device that sends midi data through the midi port on the axe fx 2 but has blue tooth connectivity to receive instructions from various blue tooth enabled devices (Ipad,phones,keypads,custom accelerometers). I know if accelerometers were used something in the device would have to interpret motion into midi but keypads could be programed to output midi. Such a device exists called hothand, but it is not blue tooth and I'm looking for a sort of homebrew approach.

Check this out they use the same type of system I'm talking about but instead I'm sure they are using Guitar Rig and other Software for controlling effects, it be so much easier on the Axe Fx.The bass player uses Hothands and the guitarist a bluetooth keypad he modded to output midi (or more likely the keypad outputs to a computer where then it is interpreted as midi.)

And here is a little home-brew approach I'm just wondering about stability as I don't own an Axe Fx 2 yet.
blue tooth midi controller

Pinn Panelle are awesome. I think you could easily achieve wireless midi control using the Hot Hand and the Hot Hand® MIDI-EXP Controller. Only problem is that production of the controller is currently in a transition phase, so it won't be available to purchase for a while. That would be a sick setup with the Axe.

As for other wireless midi possibilities, i don't think there would be any issues from the Axe's end, it would just be a matter of having a good signal

Back
Top Bottom