Portable active FR system

jrgg

I am looking for a very portable and great sounding active fullrange stereo system.
Is anyone using or aware of a lighter weight two or three way speaker system wedge etc,under 40 lbs?

Thanks

Hey!! I just received two active XiTone wedges. I haven't had the time to fully dig in yet, but I can say this, I LOVE them. I'm a jazz guy. I'm going to use two or one for smaller gigs, with the AX8 or bigger local gigs my Axe Fx II, I guess. Still formulating. I'll keep you informed as I progress.

Thanks for the info Henry.
I have been in touch with the company. Mick seems really cool and is looking into shaving some weight off the cabinets as well, so looking forward to maybe checking them out

The way your using them is exactly the way I go. Sometimes in stereo or mono. Whats nice is Mick told me after I inquired about going through them with a nylon string that he had a buyer who said the acoustic sound was killer.
I am really curious to know how they work out for you, and if you ever have any audio or video with them would love the chance to listen.
On another note, I believe somewhere I came across your name and relation to the late great Charles Mingus. True?

The way your using them is exactly the way I go. Sometimes in stereo or mono. Whats nice is Mick told me after I inquired about going through them with a nylon string that he had a buyer who said the acoustic sound was killer.
I am really curious to know how they work out for you, and if you ever have any audio or video with them would love the chance to listen.
On another note, I believe somewhere I came across your name and relation to the late great Charles Mingus. True?
Oh! You're talking to me?? BTW Mick is SUPER cool! Great guy.

Yeah, Mingus was my fathers first cousin, or my 1st cousin once removed. I lived with him in the late 70s for a time. What a life experience that was!

Back
Top Bottom